PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of adding a Surge protector on the Newell

Cheri Smith
08-04-2012, 05:19 PM
I want to purchase a portable 50 amp surge protector for our Newell. Two names that I come across are Progressive and Surge Guard. I want whatever will give me the best protection. I have done some research but would like some advice/opinions.

Thanks.

afrench45
08-04-2012, 05:27 PM
I am not sure what year your coach is, but I've been told mine has a surge protector built in. I've never worried about it since.

The Newell
08-05-2012, 03:00 AM
Hi Cheri,

We Have had progressive for 3 years and been very satisfied.

Andrew you are correct depending on the year of the coach one could possibly have a surge protector built in. If you post your coach details it will help us better answer your question.

Cheri Smith
08-06-2012, 01:47 AM
Hi ,

Everyone and thank you for the replies. Sorry for another question but how do I know if I already have a surge protector installed? Where should I look?

Cheri

lbrachfe
08-06-2012, 03:21 AM
Cheri,
Call Newell's service dept and give them your coach number and they may have the info you need to determine if you have one

speedingsport
10-13-2012, 01:20 AM
If your coach does not have a surge protector built in. It is a very good idea to purchase surge protectors. They offer cheap insurance against power spikes for all those pricey electronic items.