PDA

View Full Version : Heading east to New York!

Hugo
08-06-2012, 12:53 AM
We are heading out tomorrow for our 2,800 + mile trip to New York state to visit Glorias family. When we arrived back home from down south I dropped the coach and the car over at Walnut Creek Customs. Dan always takes care of us and the guys over there are real good at what they do. The Newell is all cleaned up and Glo has been packing if all goes well we should be ready to hit the highway early morning heading east on the I-80. We plan on taking our time and making a few stops to visit some other friends along the way. We also want to stop at a Vineyard or two. Gloria is looking forward to shopping, antiquing, cooking and spending time with her mother and I plan on kicking back at the West Hills Country Club with my in-laws and we'll go out hit the green and play a few holes. I'll check in when I can!

Ciao!

Hugo
08-08-2012, 05:14 PM
Doing great we'll be making a pit stop in Colorado we are going to drop down to Fort Collins, CO to visit some friends for a few days.

Hugo
08-09-2012, 04:38 PM
We've been taking it easy and our trip has been smooth so far. No problems with the coach and haven't seen a bad accident for a change, which is nice. The last time we went through Wyoming we sat in a back up for over 3 hours because two semi trucks had an awful accident. It wasn't a pretty sight.

It's a beautiful sunny day in Fort Collins and not to hot! We are going to check out Boulder Creek Winery today.

NeverEnding
08-10-2012, 12:01 AM
Enjoy a bottle...or two...hey, lets just make it three for me! Glad all is well for you guys... I want to purchase now and hit the road!

Neweller
08-10-2012, 12:05 AM
Hugo and Gloria, it's great to hear the trip is going smoothly thus far. Which way you folks heading after you leave Colorado?

Ken

Hugo
08-10-2012, 06:31 PM
Tom and Donna we enjoyed a few glasses for you. Brought a couple bottles back to the coach as well! ;)

Ken, thank you we are enjoying ourselves. It's good to see old friends. We'll be headed east on the I-80 through Nebraska and then we will be dropping down into Kansas City. I'll PM you maybe we can make plans to head through your way for a night or two.

FJGuard
08-10-2012, 07:11 PM
Hi Hugo and Gloria, Good to hear you're enjoying your trip. We're about 55 miles south of Auburn. Not sure what part of New York you're headed to but if it's anywhere near us. The wife and I'd love to get together.

Hugo
08-18-2012, 07:34 PM
Ken, thank you for the suggestion of changing our route and going through Kansas instead of Nebraska. Glo and I were very fortune to stop in Missouri to meet you and your family. We had a wonderful time laughing, talking and getting to know you all. We enjoyed your company and hospitality.

Glo said it was a great two days and she sends her many thanks to your wife again for taking her to that large antique mall. She is excited to give her Mother the gifts they found while shopping. Glo still can't get over how inexpensive everything was priced compared to the antique shops in California. She's teasing me that she wants to stop back through to buy those antique pillars they spotted and she fell in love with. haha.

FJGaurd that would be great! We have plans to stay for 4 weeks before we head back home. I'll PM you.

We are taking it easy and stopped in Amish country here in Pennsylvania. It's fun seeing the Amish horse and buggy. We plan to head out Monday morning to reach our final destination in New York! I can't wait to hit the driving range!