PDA

View Full Version : New to Newell

Flick
08-09-2012, 04:28 AM
Hello everyone. After several years of wondering if we would be the RV sort of people my wife and I fell in love with lines of an older Newell in our home town. We did not buy that rig after reading and talking with a few of you. A big project was not a good idea for a couple of newbies. So we found another and pick it up this Friday. It is a 1984. As I said we are new to this so we will have loads of questions and I am sure will provide with some humor as we get to know things with your help.

The Newell
08-09-2012, 04:37 AM
Welcome Flick,

You found the most informative place on the web that pertains to Newells. What year Newell did you decide on?

Joseph

Flick
08-09-2012, 04:55 AM
We were looking at an 84 here so we found comparable rigs and actually ended up with an 84. I will get a baptism by fire for being new because I am getting it from Texas and then driving about 1,000 miles home to South Dakota with it. After talking with a couple of fellas on this site I am going to have the oil and file filters changed before I start out and then will change the oild and the fuel filters once again about a 1/3 of the way into my trip home. The unit sat for 4 years. Probably have to get tires as well I imagine.

fulltiming
08-09-2012, 05:17 AM
Good idea to change the tires, the oil and the oil, fuel and air filters for both the engine and the generator. You want your first trip to be an enjoyable adventure.

Newell Tank
08-09-2012, 05:26 AM
Nice to have you Flick, this site and its wonderful folks will offer you an enormous amount of quality advice. Been a member for quite some time and just love every bit of it.

Congratulations on your 1984. Those are a wonderful build. Have the tires inspected by a professional to date of manufacturer and condition. Hopefully you will get lucky and blessed both.

Hugo
08-09-2012, 04:31 PM
Welcome Flick!

Randy J
08-10-2012, 05:07 AM
Welcome Flick! Hope you get that coach your after!

chockwald
08-10-2012, 05:16 AM
Welcome Todd....looking forward to details of your trip home. Hoping all goes smoothly, and is completely uneventful! Call with any questions!

lbrachfe
08-10-2012, 01:34 PM
Welcome and enjoy the ride home. Call Newell to get the service checklist to understand better what needs to be done and when.