PDA

View Full Version : Weather Instruments?

FJGuard
08-09-2012, 04:15 PM
I did a quick search didn't find anything on here about weather instruments. Does anyone here use one? I was recently at the Auburn Basspro shops store. Every time I go I'm a kid in a candy store! I treated myself to some new fishing accessories. I also was looking into purchasing a new weather instrument but I don't know if I should just stick with the basics or if I should get one with all the extras?

lbrachfe
08-09-2012, 04:23 PM
A matter of taste and need to know. I have all I need to know on my laptop.

Neweller
08-10-2012, 06:38 PM
Hi FJGuard and welcome to the site if I missed a welcome prior.

Are you interested in something like a Oregon Scientific weather station like a WMR100 or something like that? I have used a couple of different ones but not traveled with them. I have seen a couple of guys with them and mounted on there coaches.

Ken

FJGuard
08-10-2012, 06:53 PM
I'm a hunting and fishing guy so I camp out in my Newell. When the rest of the family is along we don't call it campin we call it trippin. I was looking into a weather instrument for when us guys go campin. Some have radios, flashlights and so on. Those are more the carry around type not sure if I need one of them or not? I'd just like to have one for when I camp out in the Newell and may not have internet connection. So I know what the weathers going to be like. Most places we go campin in the Newell we aren't likely to have a internet connection. Ken I was looking at the Oregon Scientific, Eton and the La Crosse ones.

Cheri Smith
11-11-2012, 02:16 AM
La Crosse technologies has a great AM/FM/WB NOAA Weather Radio. It has a hand crank and LED flashlight that is ideally suited for people who like to camp in remote locations. We purchased it a couple of months ago because you never know when you'll need one.