PDA

View Full Version : Traveling costs I need a Newell

CoachCrazy
08-14-2012, 05:15 PM
OK...So I'm sitting here in a hotel room thinking about what this 3 day trip to NC is costing me...and wishing I had a coach. That got me thinking. Plane fare, long term airport parking, car rental, hotel and dog boarding for this trip will be about $1000. I figured the rv would cost about $600 one way from NH to NC or $1200 round trip. So it really wouldn't be that much more to take a motor home once you figure that NONE of the above expenses would apply...and as airlines continue to raise fares, the newell purchase is looking even better each day.

folivier
08-14-2012, 05:43 PM
And you'll be sleeping in YOUR bed, on YOUR CLEAN sheets, eating YOUR food, using YOUR bathroom, etc. That's priceless.
I never sleep well in a hotel until the 2nd or 3rd day but always sleep well in my Newell wherever it's parked.
Get a Newell.
Oh yeah airplane travel sucks!

FJGuard
08-14-2012, 07:12 PM
I couldn't argree more! I 2nd that! My clean sheets, my own food and my own throne. That's enough for me to be pleased. Hey, I don't ask much! ;)

jrarriola
08-14-2012, 07:36 PM
I had to fly to Atlanta this weekend & as we're sitting at the airport waiting to return home my wife whispers in my ear, "I really REALLY don't want to travel this way ever again"! "I don't want to have to worry about when we can leave, who is seated next to me, where/when are the snacks coming, when will those screaming kids quiet down, and who told that Kardashian want-to-be she should dress that way to fly??" She said from now on if the trip didn't include the coach it didn't include her!! Guess the boss has spoken! JL

GringoPhil
08-14-2012, 08:56 PM
After driving truck for many, many years, I learned the value of motel rooms whenever I broke down or got laid over in a place without a truck stop. I also learned that I would much rather sleep in my own bed anytime than sleep in the concrete box motels that are so common around the country.
Now we live in our rv and if we decide to go, all we have to do is clean up our site, stow some stuff and go!

I remember what one advertising slogan said years ago, "Forget the Fuss and Leave the Driving to US!

Mexico here I come!

Gringo

Randy J
08-14-2012, 10:12 PM
I had to fly to Atlanta this weekend & as we're sitting at the airport waiting to return home my wife whispers in my ear, "I really REALLY don't want to travel this way ever again"! "I don't want to have to worry about when we can leave, who is seated next to me, where/when are the snacks coming, when will those screaming kids quiet down, and who told that Kardashian want-to-be she should dress that way to fly??" She said from now on if the trip didn't include the coach it didn't include her!! Guess the boss has spoken! JL

I had a good chuckle on that Kardashian want-to-be comment. lol! Since when did these celebrity reality shows make up all that's ever on tv these days? and who the heck cares. who the kardashians are! let alone someone want to dress like one of them?

Theres nothing like sleeping in the comfort of your OWN bed!

Leeann

Chester B. Stone, Jr.
08-14-2012, 11:36 PM
It's not a question of economics, but an issue of life style. Like a yacht, the economics of living part time or full time in a Newell or any other top of the line motorhome cannot be justified economically. Enjoy and live life to the fullest, if you can afford it.

CoachCrazy
08-27-2012, 09:11 PM
I wanted to let y'all know I will be taking a peak at a used newell tonight. I trying to make the leap wish me luck!

Neweller
08-27-2012, 11:51 PM
Best of luck to you Coach Crazy! Hope all goes well. Look it over good and let us know what you find and any areas of concern so other members might stir you in the right direction. Values are all over the place depending on year and condition.

Ken

NeverEnding
08-28-2012, 11:35 PM
This is my thinking too! I need to get a Newell asap!

express1
08-29-2012, 02:10 AM
Whats the hold-up...my number is published, send 100k and I will leave keys...:thumbsup:

MrE
08-30-2012, 12:49 AM
express1 (http://www.newellclassic.com/forum/members/express1.html),

Send me the information about your coach to jonevrton@gmail.com, I have a friend that is interested in buying a motorhome, and for some reason my PM isn't working...

express1
08-30-2012, 01:33 AM
Currently in Island Park, ID,
Coach info: GREAT!:thumbsup:
my PM is working...