PDA

View Full Version : Staying fit and healthy on the road?

NeverEnding
08-14-2012, 11:29 PM
If it weren't for my companies in office gym I wouldn't be able to sustain this wineo/beer belly! What can ya do? I love my wine and microbreweries. I'm headed to Kuma's Corner after I leave the office for a killer burger and glass of draft Gumballhead American Wheat!

How do you all keep healthy and fit while on the road?

Still dreaming of that never ending road trip.

1993Newell
08-15-2012, 12:40 AM
We take advantage of the nice walking paths at the rv parks. We try to go for mid morning walks and a evening walk after supper.

The Newell
08-15-2012, 01:19 AM
I do a lot of fork exercises with down, out and up motions lol Just joking. On a more serious note my wife and I also enjoy walking both early morning and evening.

Randy J
08-15-2012, 01:28 AM
To be frank. We should do more than we do. I like to eat and besides what Joseph mentioned. about the up down motions of a fork or spoon. I'm ashamed to admit I don't work out. Unless you call tossing in poker chips a work out? :thumbsup:

Cheri Smith
08-19-2012, 12:45 AM
If there is safe riding near, I ride my bicycle. Riding trails are the best. We also like to walk a mile or two every evening in or around the park.

Raymond N Priscilla Miller
08-19-2012, 07:06 PM
I have been trying to do what I call exercise while traveling. I do know that it is easy to overlook doing things to keep physically fit while traveling. I do some simple stretches, along with some other easy body lifting exercises. Some are from old school days and some are just things that seem to work.

Neweller
08-20-2012, 02:48 AM
I guess you could do what my wife, daughter and son-in-law did and do a 10, 30 or 60 day juice fast. They all averaged over a pound a day during the deal and have held the weight down for two months now eating pretty what they want. The are going to do a 10 day about every 90 days to keep things detoxed and in balance. The program really works. The average American works for years to get out of shape and this is the healthiest way to play catch up. So either now or prior to going on the road or even on the road this can be done. You have to use a professional type juicer to get the packed concentrated nutrients.

Just a thought.

Ken

Randy J
08-21-2012, 08:10 PM
Ken I don't know if I could do it. I love eating! lol!

leskorcala@hotmail.com
08-22-2012, 04:16 AM
We have bikes with us and try to do 20-50 mile bike rides a few days per week, we did race bikes in past so distance is not the problem, you always find some great interesting roads where you stay! We fly fish and run our dogs on the trails, its the best way to stay fit and keep our dogs fit, hiking is another way we try to see new places and stay fit.

Our base hub is in Montana and it offers all the outdoors you could ask for.

Les & Cheryl Korcala
Newell 2001 # 582

JustDustin
10-12-2012, 11:25 PM
We have bikes with us and try to do 20-50 mile bike rides a few days per week, we did race bikes in past so distance is not the problem, you always find some great interesting roads where you stay! We fly fish and run our dogs on the trails, its the best way to stay fit and keep our dogs fit, hiking is another way we try to see new places and stay fit.

Our base hub is in Montana and it offers all the outdoors you could ask for.

Les & Cheryl Korcala
Newell 2001 # 582

Les and Cheryl I enjoy bike rides and hiking too. It's a great way to stay fit while traveling.

Cheri Smith
05-14-2013, 01:40 AM
I'm thinking about adding to my fitness on the road and bringing along a hula hoop. Has anyone seen those hula hoop workouts? It looks like a fun quick work out. Might give it a try. ;)

77newell
05-18-2013, 09:16 PM
My wife and I walk, ride bikes, lift hand weights, follow exercise and yoga tapes, and sometimes use the Total Gym stored in the basement of the coach. Since the recent report that avoiding being stationary is more important exercising hard we've been stopping more often while traveling.

Neweller
05-18-2013, 11:11 PM
Jon, I love the Total Gym and have owned one for almost twenty years. Easily stored in a coach basement. It shouldn't be hard to get your exercise on the road. The 2014 Newell that Chip Ganassi had built has a treadmill compartment built right next to the king bed.

Wheeler
05-18-2013, 11:42 PM
The Total Gym is so versatile and it's a prefect fit for RVers traveling on the road.

Leeann J
05-19-2013, 01:43 AM
I'm thinking about adding to my fitness on the road and bringing along a hula hoop. Has anyone seen those hula hoop workouts? It looks like a fun quick work out. Might give it a try. ;)

Cheri I could see hula hooping as being a good workout. I'm going to check it out. Is it some special kind of hula hoop?

NewellCrazy
05-19-2013, 02:45 AM
hula hooping never thought of that before.

86loco
05-19-2013, 07:32 PM
Since I'm not a fulltimer I don't worry about staying fit since we currently use our coach for R&R.

stewart33
08-13-2013, 03:02 AM
I've been using youtube for a personal fitness trainer. It's free and they have a lot of great fitness folks offering great workouts. If you have access to internet and space you can work out anywhere. If anyone's interested I can post my top faves.