PDA

View Full Version : Backup Camera

Johnnybgood
08-16-2012, 04:15 AM
Ive been wanting to replace my old backup cam foe awhile now, been looking at some on ebay from the $100-$300 range with all the bells and whistles like infrared and night vision, wireless with bigger monitors.

My question is, what is the best brand and bang for the buck? Its seems like it would be a pretty good investment to pick up a good on considering the damage you could cause if you cant see real good while backing up.. Thanks

btmoore
08-16-2012, 05:31 AM
Johnny take a look at the Clover TFT7001 it is one nice wireless camera with 7" monitor. It probably has the best range and for a long coach it is great in my book.

Johnnybgood
08-16-2012, 11:34 AM
Thanks for the recommendation, very nice cam, should be for the price right LOL any others?

MrE
08-16-2012, 03:04 PM
$200 from Costco, I installed one and it works great. www.costco.com located in 'car electronics'.

Please Note: This commercial grade camera system is best suited for RV's,Trucks, Buses, Emergency vehicles, Cargo Vans, Trailers, Forklifts, Pickup Trucks, Boats or any other large vehicle. This system is not intended for use on cars and suvs.
This 1 camera system is complete with a crystal clear 7" TFT LCD Color monitor with mirror image capability, a 3 channel multiplexer (can connect a dvd player or other cameras with automatic system switch, One (1) 130° CCD camera with 50 foot infra-red night vision and all the wires, connectors and mounts you will need. The system is completely weather proof with a IP67 rating, strong and reliable, shock resistant with a 10G impact rating (highest in the industry) and comes with a full year warranty.
Includes:

Color CCD infra-red weather proof camera
7" TFT LCD color monitor with universal mount/stand and wire
3 channel multiplexer control unit
66’ extension cable for camera
Remote control
Power connection wire
Double RCA + power converter, (to connect external, audio video and power)
Screw kit for installation

Camera Features:

1/4 sharp color CCD, 250k pixels, 2.1 mm wide lens with 130° angle, 420 TV lines (which means best quality image, with no blind spots)
18 automatic Infra-red night vision illuminates = 50 feet of vision in the darkest night. With built in foam around lens (so you are garneted not to have any glare from the IR's)
Built in High Gain Microphone
Extremely strong weather proof casing, with 10g impact rating, as well as a screw base and water proof sleeve connection

Monitor Features:

7” Color TFT LCD monitor 16:9 wide screen with selectable option from monitor for 4:3 (super sharp image 1440 x 234)
Built-in speakers and earphone jack
Remote control (all functions can be controlled from the monitor)

Multiplexer and System Features:

3 channel Multiplexer allowing you to connect additional cameras or DVD player (can be selected from monitor or remote)
Mirror imaging so you can see proper side
Automatic switch (option to automatically have the system turn on when in reverse)
Allows 12-24 DC power
All cables and connectors are weatherproof

FJGuard
08-16-2012, 06:17 PM
I bought one at Costco as well. It does the job and I like that it has infra-red night vision.

speedingsport
10-13-2012, 01:24 AM
7&quot Color Quad View LCD Multi-Camera Backup System by Copilot Vision at RVToyOutlet.com (http://www.rvtoyoutlet.com/p-RVT1082/7%22%20Color%20Quad%20View%20LCD%20Multi-Camera%20Backup%20System%20by%20Copilot%20Vision.h tml)

Backup monitors are worth every penny!

Johnnybgood
04-20-2013, 06:10 PM
If you can believe it I still haven't purchased a backup cam. It got put to the back burner...but I'm ready to buy one now. I'll try to come back on and give an update. Thanks again!