PDA

View Full Version : What about a cup of joe?

Randy J
08-16-2012, 05:50 PM
I like my coffee black. Leeann likes flavored coffee. With cream and sugar. We were just at Fred Meyers. We were looking at those machines that make one cup at a time. Anyone have one? Got any feedback to share?

FJGuard
08-16-2012, 06:36 PM
We have the Keurig Single Cup Home-Brewing System. The k-cups can get pricey so we bought the Refillable Stainless Steel K-Cup they are around $25.00 but well worth it because a box of 35 k-cups is around that or more depending on the flavors. Plus if you purchase the refillable k-cup you can still use your favorite coffee that you've been drinking for years.

The nice thing about the Keurig is it's easy, basically no clean up. It's a fast coffee maker while you put your toast in the toaster, it pops up done and before you can butter the toast your cup of coffee is ready!

Randy J
08-17-2012, 01:19 AM
Yes we saw the Keurig. They had a few different models. We also saw a Tassimo and one called The coffee bean. Or something like that?

86loco
08-17-2012, 02:40 AM
Randy J we bought one of those Keurigs at Costco in a bundle for like $169 to use at home and have taken on the road and love it. Now they do make the mini Keurigs and you can find them most anywhere including online. I have a problem buying online incase there is an issue and I need to return it.

Will Procter
08-17-2012, 08:25 PM
IMO the keurig machines are nice if you drink 1 or 2 cups but if your like me I drink a pot or two and that could get rather expensive in which case I stick with a good ole fashion coffee pot.

Randy J
08-17-2012, 08:35 PM
Randy likes a pot to himself. I like a cup or two. Randy can drink it all day. Maybe he should stick to the good ole fashion coffee pot Will. And he can buy me a Keurig! ;)

Leeann

MrE
08-17-2012, 10:31 PM
We also bought the Keurig Costco bundle. I'm like Randy and Chris is like Leeann, I'll drink coffee all day and don't much care for flavored coffee, and Chris enjoys the flavored coffees on occasion and can get by on one cup a day. It is a pretty nice option when you're on the road and one cup will do to have the Keurig.

Leeann, if Randy gets into the dog house nearly as much as I do you can easily guilt him into buying the Keurig.

Randy J
08-19-2012, 08:13 PM
Jon I'm always in the dog house! lol!

bigcatwally
08-20-2012, 02:49 AM
We had gotten the Keurig as a gift from our grandchildren two years ago and it worked great for a while but then it started acting up and would only brew half a cup. So we ended up taking it back to Bed Bath and Beyond. It was good while it lasted but we decided in the long run we'd just stick to the regular coffee pot.