PDA

View Full Version : Traveling with pets

Will Procter
08-22-2012, 05:40 PM
We have two small dogs that full time with us. I know most of the State Parks and private (koa yogi etc)state that you are not to leave your pets unattended. Does that mean in the motor home also? Being fairly new to this, we have avoided leaving the camp at all because of the dogs. I don't mean leaving them for hours but it would be nice to go out to dinner or look through a shop now and then. We love having the "boys" with us but would also like to explore some.

Any advise or opinions?

William

The Newell
08-22-2012, 06:35 PM
Hi William,you have nothing to worry about, In my dealing at campgrounds I gathered they didn't want you to leave your pet alone lets say outside and not on a leash. We travel with our Jack and we leave him unattended in the motorhome all the time and have not had a problem up to date. Knock on wood Now keep in mind we try not to leave him for more then 3 hours at a time.

Hope this helped a little as I am sure others will jump in and share there opinions,

Joseph

folivier
08-22-2012, 07:14 PM
Not to be a spoilsport but on more than one occasion we've seen someone leave their dog in their rv while they were gone and have had to listen to yapping until they get back. And it seems that these are the people that say their dogs never bark and can't believe that "dog haters" would complain.
And I do love dogs but we decided not to get another dog after the last one passed because we feel it will be too restrictive to our travels.
Not saying don't get one, just make sure your dog isn't one that will bark if he gets lonely after being left.

Wally Arntzen
08-23-2012, 03:04 AM
We traveled for many years with a German Shepard and often left him in the coach as long 10 hours. We always put him in a kennel which was large and he was very well trained. He did not bark and no one knew he was in the coach. There is nothing worse that being next to a coach with a barking or whining dog and there is no excuse for it. Owners should have full control of their pets and if the don't they should get rid of them.

Good luck and happy travels with your dog.

Wally