PDA

View Full Version : 6V92 engine Turbo and Boost

2StrokeDiesel
08-24-2012, 06:39 PM
As I was inspecting my exhaust manifold and pipes to turbo, I noticed a large amount of air escaping at idle from one of the muffler clamps(the two pieces of exhaust pipe which are removable). Part of the leak was when I re-installed my turbo, I must not have turned the turbo piece which connects to the 2 exhaust pipes down far enough leaving a not so good seal. Anyways, I was spraying some soapy water on each joint and noticed bubbling(meaning small air leaks). So, is there something that can be put on the flanges where the exhaust connections are which will healp to seal a little better? Also, I broke one of the clamps(trying to tighten too much). It is a clamp with 4 sections and a large band with a single nut. Anyone know the name of the clamp? Just an fyi for anyone who has the removable exhaust pipe between the manifold and the turbo. Thanks

The Newell
08-25-2012, 06:03 PM
the clamp is a DD item. If the pipe shows a lot of wear and leakage replace it. Its job occurs at operating temperature around 900 degrees and it may seal fine at the higher temp. If you can see leakage marks from exhaust on the outside of the pipe and it were commercial, DOT would give you a fix it ticket and expect you to repair it asap.