PDA

View Full Version : Slope parking?

Polly
08-25-2012, 02:44 AM
Is it ok to park your coach on a slope for an extended period of time? I have a two acre yard but the best place to park it and keep the wife happy has a little slope, so the bus will not be completely level. Is this a problem and should I be looking for a completely level spot to park it? Thanks...

The Newell
08-25-2012, 03:17 AM
Park the RV in a location that is as level as possible. If you are parking on dirt or in a yard, lay down wood planks for the tires to prevent them from sinking into the ground.

fulltiming
08-25-2012, 03:47 AM
My driveway is sloped enough that I have to raise the front of the coach and lower the rear of the coach all the way and it is still a little low in the front. I typically use large pieces of marine grade plywood under the front tires to allow me to level it completely. I don't have any issues with it being on a slope as long as I can level it. Many RV parks have sites that are so out of level that it is almost impossible to get them level. As Joseph says, it is best to have it in a location that is as level as possible and if not on pavement, make sure it has a way to keep it from sinking into the ground. Parking on a reasonable slope on pavement does not bother me too much.

1993Newell
08-25-2012, 11:33 PM
I say try to keep your coach as level as possible. And parking on pavement you will most likely have level ground but if there is a slight slope on pavement it won't hurt much.