PDA

View Full Version : Window making a whistling sound

Twins
08-28-2012, 05:17 AM
Hi all,

After getting our Newell fixed we head out on the interstate this afternoon and not long after departing our window next to the dinette started making a whistling noise. Any ideas on how to fix this and what causes this?

Twins

fulltiming
08-28-2012, 05:31 AM
Check the felt around the window to see if it has deteriorated. A loose fitting window will whistle. If the felt is in good shape, check for any foreign objects that may have gotten stuck in the track causing the window to not seal properly.

MrE
08-28-2012, 02:04 PM
You might want to look into picking up an ultrasonic leak detector that has a transmitter. After reading numerous posts on hunting down air leaks, I purchased a VOscope SoundStik Utrasonic Leak Detector for $120 shipped to my house. What you would do to find your leak is put the transmitter in the coach pointed at your whistling window and go outside with the receiver to locate exactly where your leak is.

These can also be used to find propane leaks, A/C refrigerant leaks and air leaks of any sort.

Texas Pete
08-28-2012, 04:32 PM
One of those leak detectors might be what the doctor ordered.

Chester B. Stone, Jr.
08-28-2012, 05:24 PM
You may want to check to see if the water drain cover is still intact. They allow rain water to flow out through a small hole, but sometime they come off and allow a wind noise.

Newell Attack
08-28-2012, 06:07 PM
Sometimes if you have a vent open it will create a draft which makes a whistling sound

Twins
09-04-2012, 11:16 PM
Thanks Owners,

Got it fixed the window needed new felt, I'm now good to roll except my blinker lights are acting up a tad.