PDA

View Full Version : Air Conditioning Thermostat problems.... 1995 Newell Coach

Raul Cortez
03-30-2001, 04:55 AM
If I remember correctly, I spoke with Tommy Key, one of the Newell service advisors, once about a problem that I have with my A/C thermostats? I remember that he said that they were recalled on my 1995 Coach #401.

I forgot to get them replaced back in November when we were at the shop getting some emergency work done. The problem that I am having is that they don't seem to turn the A/C off when they reach the

desired temperature? The A/C runs continously, stopping only sometimes but not consistently. I don't know when I will be back in Miami OK? So my question is: can they be replaced by any qualified A/C

technician? If so how do I go about getting the new thermostats? My Coach has three thermostats. My visit to the Newell factory was very memorable and very pleasant. I recommend everyone who has the

time to visit the factory. You will feel very welcomed by everyone throughout the company. I was very impressed with the professionalism that everyone expressed.

Thank You.

otto burleson
03-30-2001, 03:16 PM
AC compressors - delay as long as 4 minutes after fan comes on.

I know the furnaces have a anticipator feature - is this also a feature on the ac? Same thermostats run both ac and furnaces

Charlie Kokesh
04-12-2001, 04:56 AM
We have spent the last 10 days in our coach with outside temperatures averaging between 30 and 35 in the evening.

When the front thermostat is set to 72, the actual inside temperature on the thermostat is 61.5. In order to get the inside temperature to 70, we have to set the thermostat to 84.

We have been on shore line at night with the Aqua-Hot set to on. The Aqua-Hot gauge by the sink indicates that the water temp is always between 200 and 202.

Charlie