PDA

View Full Version : tag axle newells, pros and cons?

BikerBob
08-30-2012, 11:35 PM
Thinking of moving up to a 45' Newell Coach. My question is, what is the downside. Not the oblivious, but the things only owners would know about. I'm very comfortable with large trucks, road building equipment, etc. so I'm not afraid of them, but maneuvering through typical camp sites and these NW mountains does concern me a bit. How about tag axles, are they worth the extra initial and maintenance cost.

Thanks for your thoughts,

Bob

afrench45
08-31-2012, 03:25 AM
Wouldn't worry about it. After having a 45' coach I don't ever see downsizing. Very easy and comfortable to drive. Just be conscious of where you go.

Neweller
08-31-2012, 08:01 PM
In this case bigger is better. I'll take a 45' with a couple of slides right now. Like Andrew said be conscious of where you go. I think as soon as you get over 40' the tag is the only way to go. I would have had both with and without and I prefer the tag, as it is more stable and can carry more weight. Of course you have a couple extra tires to replace when the time comes. I know there are several members on here who have owned both types of coaches and may have better opinions than me.

Tags :thumbsup:

Ken