PDA

View Full Version : generator stalls out on 95 Newell Coach

Archie T. Hogan
08-31-2012, 08:02 PM
Our generator will run 30 to 45 minutes then it stalls out if I run it in the morning when cooler but The warmer the weather gets the less time it will run before stalling, typically over 85 degrees it will only run 10 to 15 minutes. Has anyone had this problem and if so what was the cure for it?

Archie

prairieschooner
08-31-2012, 08:16 PM
This sounds like it may be overheating. Have you tried an infra red thermometer and aimed at the radiator to check the temperature against what the gauge is reading.

Archie T. Hogan
08-31-2012, 08:37 PM
Hi Steve & Tricia,

No I have not tried an infra red thermometer and now that I think about it I remember seeing a thread on infra red thermometers. I guess I need to read it again and see about ordering one.

MrE
08-31-2012, 10:43 PM
Sounds like your blower motor isn't working and the generator is automatically shutting off with the overheat switch. I had to replace mine and they're not inexpensive, close to $400 wholesale.

Richard and Rhonda
09-01-2012, 01:41 PM
Read the error codes on the control panel. You have to slide the gennie out to see it. Passenger side, toward the back. I have the manual. Send me an email address.