PDA

View Full Version : Adding Fire & Smoke Detector in Cargo bay

Archie T. Hogan
09-03-2012, 06:24 PM
One of the guys I met at the RV Park mentioned the idea that maybe there should be fire & smoke detectors in the cargo bay in case of electrical fire or something that causes the stuff in the bays to catch on fire .

Is this a good idea or just a waste of time and money to install? I'm thinking of using the smoke/fire detectors that have wireless links so the detector in the bus would sound if the one in the bays goes off.

My thoughts are that if a fire starts in the bays I probably don't want to open the bays as there may be a flash of fire when the oxygen hits the fire.

Any Thoughts ?

Archie T. Hogan

The Newell
09-03-2012, 09:07 PM
This is an idea that can only benefit you in an emergency. So, Yes it's a great idea if you don't have one install one.

NewellCrazy
09-03-2012, 11:59 PM
I've always felt that anything that increases our margin of safety is a good thing, especially at the cost of detectors, small money for a big advantage.

Neweller
09-04-2012, 12:21 AM
I would have to agree 100% with Joseph and the guys at the RV park. I actually had a wired system in my '86 Newell that someone put it prior to my short term

ownership of it. I will install a like system in my next coach and probably an automatic on-board extinguisher system. I think I will go with a multiple unit wireless system

that will work simultaneously. Would be glad to share more thoughts on the subject. I do have friends that deal in RV safety equipment that will probably help any of us

out.

Ken