PDA

View Full Version : What do you use when cleaning the awning

Will Procter
09-05-2012, 08:33 PM
I've almost got the coach all washed up. Would like to work on the awning next. What have others used for awning cleaning?

NewellCrazy
09-05-2012, 09:48 PM
Try Spray Power sold at Walmart

The Newell
09-05-2012, 09:49 PM
I have used "TIDE WITH COLOR SAFE BLEACH". Worked really well for me. DO NOT let that dry or you have to go through the washing process again. Tide does lots of stuff. :)

Newellin Thunder
09-05-2012, 10:40 PM
I never tried it on awnings but everything else it seems to work on. Called "Awsome" I've found it at the Dollar Store. Has a table on what the dilution for what material you're using it on.

FJGuard
09-05-2012, 11:04 PM
That "Awesome" stuff is awesome! :thumbsup: I guess that's how it got it's name? lol!

I like Tide because the wife likes Tide. It's the ONLY laundry soap she'll use. I haven't used anything on the awning but the soap at the truck wash and it's seemed to work well. But I'll be sure to remember that Joseph for when I wash the coach at home.

86loco
09-06-2012, 03:25 AM
I have to laugh at the Awesome stuff since I got suckered into buy it for a whole lot more than a dollar while visiting a truck stop. Some guy comes up showing my how it works, gives me a speal and sells it to me for $30 a gallon. :cursing: To find out later from another trucker I could buy it at the dollar store in quarts prior to the druggie deluting it.

SharkRacing
09-06-2012, 08:35 AM
I have used Thetford Awning Cleaner for years and it is a good product. Now is there a more economical solution - maybe something like Tide I supposed. We have used it on cloth auto interiors before and work actually pretty good.

JT.Booth
10-11-2012, 03:35 PM
3X Stain Magic - Removes Dirt, Grime, Mold and Mildew Stains

You should be able to find it online for around $20.00

Gone Busing
11-04-2012, 12:16 AM
I cleaned my awnings today and I used Mr. Bubble's which was recommended by a local RV guy. It actually worked excellent. They came out nice and clean and bright. Thought I would share.

Neweller
11-04-2012, 01:14 AM
Thanks for the heads up Jay. I have also just used dish-washing detergent. How do you mix the Mr. Bubbles?

Gone Busing
11-05-2012, 10:53 PM
I just mixed the Mr. Bubbles at a guestimate of about the same as mixing soap to wash your car. What has worked for me was to add warm water to a bucket with maybe a 1/4 cup of Mr. Bubbles. I also pre-rinsed the awnings prior to scrubbing them is a soft brush, kind of like washing your car. Worked great.

speedingsport
11-06-2012, 12:36 AM
Clean stains on awning I found this list on

Girard Awning

Fruit stain liquid detergent/ammonia, 3-6% water
Grease — automotive volatile solvent (acetone)
Iron rust oxalic or citric acid, water
Mildew 1/2 cup bleach and 1/4 cup natural soap per gallon of water
Oil solvent (acetone)
Paint — latex, wet liquid detergent and water
Paint — latex, dry paint/oil/grease remover
Paint — oil or lacquer paint/oil/grease remover
Tree sap turpentine, liquid detergent

You can find more details on their website (http://www.girardrvawnings.com/maintenance_and_care.php).

jWolfe
11-06-2012, 06:14 PM
If you take your coach to get washed you can have them clean the awnings for you.

Charlotte Rosita
12-18-2012, 04:01 PM
B.E.S.T. Awning Cleaner is an amazing cleaner. It removes dirt and mildew and almost completely restores the awnings to their original color.

Cheri Smith
12-18-2012, 06:59 PM
A friend told me about the BEST awning cleaner. We've used it and I can a test it works fantastic. Spray some on, leave it for a few minutes, wipe off, spray down and before you know it looks - new again!