PDA

View Full Version : I need rivets for our Newell Coach? Where to buy ?

Dom Ferris
09-07-2012, 06:00 PM
Rivets, What to use, where to buy I have a few that need to be replaced and need a supplier for the rivets.

Dom Ferris

MrE
09-07-2012, 06:55 PM
I have bought my rivets locally from a store that specializes in fasteners, we have 3 in Boise so my assumption would be that you can find one locally. They will be much cheaper than you can find at Home Depot or Lowe's. I currently have 1/8", 5/32" and 3/16" all aluminum rivets in varying lengths for the different grip ranges that you encounter on a Newell. Here is a link to Tacoma Screw's aluminum blind rivets : Tacoma Screw Products, Inc. :: Groups (http://www.tacomascrew.com/products/sections/1-fasteners/categories/7-rivets/groups/15025-blind-rivets-aluminum-rivet-aluminum-mandrel)

77newell
09-21-2012, 02:43 PM
I have used Cherrymax size 5-4 dome headed blind rivets with great success on my 77 coach. The heads are essentially identical to the original rivets and these rivets are stronger than the typical blind rivets you get at your local hardware store. I bought mine through Aircraft Spruce but I'm sure they are available elsewhere.

Jon
77 Coach with Civic toad