PDA

View Full Version : CB Radios do you have one and should I get one?

Viva Las Vegas JDR
09-11-2012, 05:12 PM
Was just curious on how many of you guys have em and use em. I was debating on getting one just to keep myself busy on long drives.

pairodice
09-11-2012, 06:25 PM
I had a Cobra in all of my coaches and honestly only used it when traveling with groups.
I usually had the VMpc on a laptop (usually with a movie going), the GPS, coffee, whatever I was eating, etc to keep me busy. Oh yeah and the traffic and road...

Randy J
09-11-2012, 09:50 PM
No CB Radio.

Adrian I like your user handle! and I'm with you buddy coffee and whatever I'm eating! Oh wait! Gotta keep my eyes on the road to. rollinglol

speedingsport
09-11-2012, 10:02 PM
A CB is fun when you are with others heading down the highway. But with cellphones who really needs one? Ahh..I remember the nextel days!

FJGuard
09-12-2012, 11:57 AM
Although the airwaves aren't as busy as they once were, a CB is a great thing to have for going trippin, hunting or fishing. It has entertainment value and is useful in case of emergency's. Cell phones are the norm but a CB radio is a great alternative. And where most cell phones do not get good reception a CB will.

lbrachfe
09-12-2012, 02:22 PM
I guess none of you has ever driven up to 15 miles of backed up traffic and turned on the CB and spoke with the truckers about the accident or delay and how to get around it if need be or the wait too long. This has happened to us at least 20 times in the past 5 years and there are some very amusing truckers to listen to that makes the time go by much faster. Everyone should have a CB for getting help of any kind when other devices don't work, because it always will....

Hugo
09-12-2012, 03:29 PM
CB radios are nice to have! They're inexpensive and you can hop on in a minute - you'll quickly be in the know on the latest accident that has caused a backup on the interstate. Truckers tell all such as when a bear is out and that has saved me some tickets!

Cheri Smith
09-12-2012, 03:54 PM
We have one and we use it more often than not. Like others said they work when a cell phone or other devices will not. I don't like the choice of words a lot of truckers use so, I'd rather not keep the volume up high :rolleyes: when we have it turned on. :laugh:

bigcatwally
09-12-2012, 07:31 PM
I have one and use it everytime we are on a trip. Like Hugo said they are inexpensive. You could always buy one, worse case you won't use it. More than likely you will!

Randy J
09-13-2012, 12:06 AM
Now I feel like I'm missing out. :bawling: I better go check some out. So I can join in all this fun. :laugh:

Raymond N Priscilla Miller
09-16-2012, 04:36 PM
We always have our CB radio and Radar detector on when we are driving down the road.

1993Newell
10-12-2012, 11:56 PM
CB rubbish can be crude and distracting. However, a CB becomes a very valuable resource for traffic, accidents and weather updates. So, I only turn mine on when needed.

stewart33
10-21-2012, 07:52 PM
So many brands and models of CB Radios - Midland, Uniden, Cobra, GRE, yaesu, Galaxy, Magnum what brand and model do you have? Got anything good to say about it?

Raymond N Priscilla Miller
10-21-2012, 10:03 PM
I don't think it really matters what brand CB you. I have a Cobra model. The Uniden PRO520XL 40-Channel CB Radio comes up as a top rated CB radio. You can go to this link to read Choosing the Best CB Radio | Right Channel Radios (http://www.rightchannelradios.com/choosing-the-best-cb-radio) it's a great article that might help you choose the best CB for you.

Wheeler
01-12-2013, 12:45 AM
I say all rvers should consider a CB radio for earlier warnings of traffic accidents, alternate routes and good old fashioned chit-chat.

The common channel is usually 19 (although in some areas 17 is popular too). You can get a CB radio at radio shack and at most truck stops.