PDA

View Full Version : My favorite time to drive our Newell - Night Time

Dom Ferris
09-15-2012, 01:37 PM
Ya know, I think my favorite time to drive the newell is in the evening from 9:00 to midnight. Certain things, like backing up or driving in the rain tend to be more difficult at night, but I find nice stretches of interstate to be very enjoyable after dark.

I have nice soft lighting on, just enough for the family to see to get around. During the day, everybody seems focused on when we will arrive at our destination and the anticipation of the day's events. In the late evening no one seems to care. They are content to ride along endlessly.

Anybody else like driving at night?

The Newell
09-15-2012, 03:09 PM
I love to drive at night. No glare and heat from the sun. Less traffic too.

NEWELLWIZARD
09-15-2012, 03:42 PM
Day or night! ;)

speedingsport
09-15-2012, 04:14 PM
I love to drive at night. No glare and heat from the sun. Less traffic too.

Joseph I second that!

MiracleJ
09-15-2012, 05:40 PM
Given the choice between day and night driving I'll take night every time. Generally now we start out too early in the day and I can't put in the hours I used to be able to so I'm tired by the time it gets dark. We should leave later in the day I guess.

Hugo
09-15-2012, 07:04 PM
I dislike going through major cities during the week in the mornings and evenings when people are going to and from work. No one likes traffic in the coach or a car but all in all I'd say early mornings are when I enjoy traveling in the coach the best.

larryweikart
09-15-2012, 07:56 PM
Sometimes it depends on my direction. If I'm heading west I like driving in the morning with the sun behind me lighting everything up! East in the evening! After dark, in good weather,is very relaxing for me!

JT.Booth
09-15-2012, 08:13 PM
Yes, good weather is key. Driving at night in the rain is not my most favorite thing to do. I would agree driving at night is when I like to drive. It's peaceful and calm, but not too late into the night. I don't like pulling into the RV park when it's pitch black. At the well lit parks it's not a problem but I like to be settled in before it's too late.

Raymond N Priscilla Miller
09-15-2012, 10:38 PM
I enjoy driving our coach all the time! But I really like driving it when fuel is cheaper! ;)

MrE
09-16-2012, 02:38 PM
I don't mind driving at night in the rain or snow with a good set of yellow fog lights, I'm able to see the lines in the road even if they're old and faded.

Many of our trips have started out on a Friday evening after work with just an inspiration to get out of town for a couple of days. Fortunately here in the Pacific Northwest rest areas with adequate big rig parking are plentiful and I never have had to worry about finding a place to stop if I get tired.

btmoore
09-16-2012, 06:28 PM
I don't care what time it is, except mid morning after pulling an all nighter. That's a great time for a nap.

Randy J
09-16-2012, 07:04 PM
I enjoy driving our newell anytime. we need to roll. Leeann likes driving at night the best. She said because she doesn't trust. my vision at night. :rolleyes: Good thing we share our laptop. Who knows what she would tell you folks! lol! My eyes are good! :blink:

Neweller
09-16-2012, 07:07 PM
I enjoy driving our newell anytime. we need to roll. Leeann likes driving at night the best. She said because she doesn't trust. my vision at night. :rolleyes: Good thing we share our laptop. Who knows what she would tell you folks! lol! My eyes are good! :blink:

Randy just join the 4 eyed crowd and get some specs

Randy J
09-16-2012, 07:13 PM
and give her another reason to tease me? :ahhhhh:

bigcatwally
09-17-2012, 02:56 AM
I don't like driving when it's a chore and not a pleasure. A nice smooth drive on good roads is always a pleasure.

FJGuard
09-17-2012, 06:38 PM
Sometimes it depends on my direction. If I'm heading west I like driving in the morning with the sun behind me lighting everything up! East in the evening! After dark, in good weather,is very relaxing for me!

Couldn't have said it better Larry!