PDA

View Full Version : Fumes from the aquahot

Archie T. Hogan
09-20-2012, 04:05 AM
In the mornings I get Diesel fumes which are Obviously seeping in through somewhere somehow or something .Not bad but on a drafty morning I can smell it(diesel).Any ideas and suggestions are welcome.

Archie

NewellCrazy
09-20-2012, 05:05 PM
Hi Archie,

In my experience, the fumes/odors from the Aqua-Hot should be barely noticeable, either indoors or out.

Has the unit been maintained? There is an annual maintenance recommendation that consists primarily of a new fuel nozzle, new fuel filter and cleaning the combustion chamber.

Sean

Archie T. Hogan
09-20-2012, 05:09 PM
Our aquahot has very few hours on it and it burns super clean, but I get fumes in the early cool mornings

Neweller
09-20-2012, 05:42 PM
Archie, obviously you have an area exposed to the vapors which sounds very odd. I have looked at some different year Newell's with the Aquahots in them and the areas

seem to be sealed off very well preventing any escaping exhaust from being able to enter the cabin. How long have you noticed this diesel smell? You say low hours on

your unit, does this mean since new or since the last service? Just trying to help narrow some things down here a little.

speedingsport
09-20-2012, 06:11 PM
You might want to contact Aqua-Hot they have experienced technicians that are available to answer any technical questions you may have, help you with parts questions and ordering and help you locate an Aqua-Hot Factory Authorized Service Center. They deal with these sort of things often and can probably tell you the exact problem quickly. Once you get it figured out and taken care of please come back and share with us all!

Aqua-Hot Technical service department
Phone: 800-685-4298
Email: servicedept@aquahot.com
Hours: 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Mountain time

Neweller
09-20-2012, 06:47 PM
Something I might add to check Archie, is follow the exhaust pipe all the way looking observing for any leaks. This just dawned on me, the pipe could be loose at the

junction area? Exhaust can possibly get in at some various points depending on where it is leaking from. Depending on how long this has been going on, when and where

it started could possibly help answers some of these questions. Like an open window, other nearby compartment or windy conditions. I'm just making some additional

guesses.

Let us know if we have helped