PDA

View Full Version : Mid vs Front Entry Newell Coach Comparisons

BikerBob
09-21-2012, 12:25 AM
DW & I are asking for assistance here. We are trying to create a list of pro's & cons of both Mid entry & Front Entry Newells. Right now for us anyway, its a toss up so were asking owners share their opinions and please list what you own mid or front entry. Any thoughts and personal experiences any of you have on this forum would be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

Bob

larryweikart
09-21-2012, 12:38 AM
We've always liked the mid-entry because it keeps all visitors from tracking from front to rear along with our personal traffic. For instance if we were sitting outside and one of us needed to use the bathroom we would not need to travel thru the living room to use the lavy. A plus for the Front door set up is a gain of floorplan usage.

lbrachfe
09-21-2012, 01:52 AM
Once you have had mid entry you never want to go back to front entry

express1
09-21-2012, 02:22 AM
Simply, front entry SUCKS. I think most minor damage or accidents occur in the front panel of most vehicles. Not good if thats where the only exit door IS. I've seen just that situation at Newell. A new coach with front right damage and owner had to jump out of the window.:thumbdn: Of course I would trade my mid-entry for 07 front entry:thumbup:

prairieschooner
09-21-2012, 04:46 AM
Think about it, would you like having everyone coming in through the passenger seat?? That sounds like a Bus Conversion to me.

HoosierDaddy
09-21-2012, 02:57 PM
One of the benefits that Newell has cited was that mid entry allows the generator to be front mounted thus minimizing noise from the mid and rear of the coach.

Chester B. Stone, Jr.
09-21-2012, 04:26 PM
I have owned two coaches with front entry and now have a mid-entry Newell. Mid-entry is better for many reasons, including reduced wind noise, having to deal with a sliding floor over the steps, additional steps and dirt going into and out of the coach.

The Newell
09-21-2012, 05:24 PM
Hi Bob,

You might find this topic helpful:

http://www.newellclassic.com/forum/general-technical-discussion/1639-front-mid-entry-analysis.html

BikerBob
10-03-2012, 07:16 PM
Thank you owners for your honesty and I see most voted mid entry was preferred yet when I view Newell Coach Inventory Online 16 Pre-Owned Newells are Front Entry and 6 Mid entry. Is front entry really that more popular? and if so why ? Also is the floor space the same between both mid and front entry?

Bob

The Newell
10-03-2012, 09:29 PM
imho, It comes down to what fits your needs. Some prefer front while others prefer mid entry. I myself prefer mid and for the same reasons others have previously posted. Keeps the traffic down and less dirt. You should probably make a trip out of a factory visit and tour as that would answer your questions with first hand experience.

Joseph

speedingsport
10-04-2012, 12:12 AM
We've always liked the mid-entry because it keeps all visitors from tracking from front to rear along with our personal traffic. For instance if we were sitting outside and one of us needed to use the bathroom we would not need to travel thru the living room to use the lavy. A plus for the Front door set up is a gain of floorplan usage.

I couldn't have put it better Larry! :thumbup:

NEWELLWIZARD
10-04-2012, 02:16 AM
Personally a mid entry door is more convenient for us than a front entry.

Gax
10-04-2012, 01:56 PM
Besides quality of the build we really like the mid entry Newell Coach far more then a front. Our current coach is a front entry model and a prior motor home we owned was a Barth 30' with a mid entry and even being a shorty we just loved the feature.

fulltiming
10-04-2012, 10:22 PM
Quad slides lead the charge for front entry. With a mid-entry, there is less room for a large curb side salon slide. However, that said, Newell offers several mid-entry coaches. Floorplan Choices - Newell Coach (http://www.newellcoach.com/features/floorplan-choices/)

Gax
10-07-2012, 06:32 PM
Many interesting notes to consider here. From what I'm reading there are more infavor of the mid entry and the only item on someones list against, might be what fulltiming mentioned above me regarding the shortness of a salon slide. And the wife says to that she is fine with. We may sell our current coach and hope to time finding a mid.

stewart33
10-07-2012, 06:40 PM
We like our mid entry but I don't think I would mind a front entry if that's what we had.

fulltiming
10-07-2012, 10:54 PM
I have had a front entry (Safari) and now a mid-entry. You don't have to walk through the Living Room bringing in groceries (score 1 for mid) but it is more convenient when you are traveling and popping in and out to hook up and unhook and check in (score 1 for front).

Raymond N Priscilla Miller
10-07-2012, 11:51 PM
There sure are pros and cons to both. We like our mid entry but if someone wanted to gift us a NEW Newell then of course we wouldn't have an issue with a front entry and four slides! lol!