PDA

View Full Version : What is the Turning Radius of a Newell Coach?

Bluestraveler
09-25-2012, 01:09 AM
How can I find the turning radius and wheelbase information on newells. I saw a newell listed for sale with bunks today on this forum that could possibly work for our family. I am trying to figure out if I can get a 45 footer into my drive and into the parking spot beside the garage.

fulltiming
09-25-2012, 03:25 AM
The turning RADIUS for a 45' Newell without a steerable tag is 44'. With the steerable tag it is 37'. Again remember that this is turning RADIUS not turning CIRCLE which would technically be the turning diameter (although generally turning radius is used meaning turning circle).

Billy Bussman
09-25-2012, 02:01 PM
Way beyond impressive and doesn't Newell beat out the competition by at least a couple of feet with their steering tag on a comparable length unit?

rheavn
09-25-2012, 02:58 PM
Michael,
Is the turning radius of a straight axle 45' Newell the same as an IFS 45' Newell? My front axle Country Coach took a football field.

fulltiming
09-25-2012, 03:09 PM
Steve, I doubt it. The 44' radius is IFS. The straight axle is likely noticeably larger. If anyone has measured the turning radius (or circle since it should be twice as large) of a straight axle 45' it would be interesting. I haven't measured mine but mine is a 43.5' so it would likely be a little different anyway. It seems that mine is likely 44' or more.

Billy Bussman
09-29-2012, 04:49 PM
Thinking about the turning radius without a steerable tag axle and towing sort of a long trailer might be a real bear in comparison to one with. To me that might be a great to know comparison.