PDA

View Full Version : Horrid Kitchen sink odor

David Carrol
09-28-2012, 08:25 PM
We have an odor from the kitchen sink (only the kitchen sink) almost makes you want to vomit. Is there something we can do to fix and prevent this? It is not really a sewer smell, well not sure how to describe the smell and it only comes from the kitchen sink area and either of the bathroom sinks or toilets smell.

Any suggestions?

Cheri Smith
09-28-2012, 08:47 PM
David is it a rotten egg smell? If it is I've recently had this same problem...

http://www.newellclassic.com/forum/plumbing/3023-rotten-egg-smell-hot-water-heater-our-newell-coach.html

The vinegar treatment worked like a charm!

prairieschooner
09-28-2012, 11:37 PM
Now I know why you made that face!

folivier
09-29-2012, 01:49 AM
Do you have a garbage disposer? Sometimes food (especially meat) gets caught on the blades. Throw some icecubes down it while it's running then a couple whole lemons.

NewellCrazy
09-29-2012, 04:46 AM
Could be the water in the P trap. Put a cup of lemon scented Pinesol and a couple gallons of water down our kitchen and bathroom sink about every other trip. Not only prevents any odors but actually helps freshen your coach a little

Randy J
09-29-2012, 07:14 PM
Leeann uses these cleaner pods. I will ask her the brand and post it. They work great and smell good.

prairieschooner
09-29-2012, 09:22 PM
I would start with the Trap. It should hold water and that would inhibit odors. I could be possible that there is a leak and not holding water. Not sure how to advise without more information.

jack14r
09-29-2012, 09:25 PM
Check under the sink area as some coaches have used a plumbing vent that should only allow air into the system but sometimes the trap fails and allows gases to escape from the plumbing and inside the coach.