PDA

View Full Version : Bathroom sink Leaking Faucet

Viva Las Vegas JDR
09-29-2012, 05:34 PM
I noticed last night water under the bathroom sink. Got a flashlight and could see water coming down the water pipes that run up to the faucet. If I turned on the hot or cold, it leaked. Is there something up there that needs tightening? Perhaps I need to replace the whole unit? Any advice will be appreciated.

NewellCrazy
09-29-2012, 10:06 PM
Before buying a new one. Check there the hot and cold inlet pipes connect to the faucet. These don't take a lot of tightening and may just be loose.

prairieschooner
09-30-2012, 12:26 AM
Sometimes you can use new packing on the shafts of the faucet. They sell it in a kit at the hardware stores, you remove the nut and pull out the old to reinstall. Tighten as needed to stop any leaks.

Gimpy
09-30-2012, 03:58 PM
We had a similar problem but only on the cold water side of the kitchen sink. We tried tightening the connection where the tube attaches to the sink valve. It got worse. The only way to stop the leaking was to turn off the water completely. It turned out to be a bad washer. After not being able to use water for the rest of the trip, I now carry 6 of these washers in my tool box.

Viva Las Vegas JDR
10-03-2012, 06:55 PM
This turned out to be a simple fix after all and just when I thought it was smooth sailing my hot water stopped flowing for the most part. :ohmy:

JDR