PDA

View Full Version : Water Pump Running Continuously

Gary&Terry
10-01-2012, 08:12 PM
The water pump runs continuously, but I can find any leaks and there is no water at any faucet. Is the water pump bad? Is there a way to test it independently of the rest of the system? Any opinions appreciated.

Gary & Terry

lbrachfe
10-01-2012, 08:36 PM
What pump ? The Headhunter ? You can test your system with the aux pump. You should have 2 in the water bay.

Gary&Terry
10-01-2012, 08:53 PM
Yes, Headhunter. Supposedly the dealer had installed it new (headhunter Mach 5) before we made our purchase. I don't know enough about our coach system and I guess there couldn't be a better time than now to get more acquainted.

Gary

MrE
10-01-2012, 09:40 PM
Your coach is much newer than mine and I'm sure Newell has probably made it easier, but my '86 has 2 directional valves that have to be set correctly. It sounds as if the valves are set for the auxiliary pump or park feed and will have to be switched for your replacement pump to be able to pull water from your storage tank.

prairieschooner
10-01-2012, 10:40 PM
I would bet that MrE is correct on this...DO NOT RUN IT DRY very long or it may damage the pump. Ball Valves are normally closed when the handle is at 90 Degrees and open when inline with the valve. On our '82 I would close the valve at the Shore Water and Open the Valve at the Water Tank. If you post a pic it will help us with older rigs advise.

The Newell
10-01-2012, 10:50 PM
I agree with Jon & Steve, Go take a look at your valves and let us know what you find.

afrench45
10-01-2012, 10:58 PM
Is it air locked? My aux pump will occasionally run because there is air in the line. I unplug the aux pump and bleed system with big pump then plug it back in and all is good.

lbrachfe
10-02-2012, 10:08 PM
I leave aux pump switch OFF as Newell suggests unless needed. If the aux pump wont run water than you probably have a ball valve problem and maybe the auto fill switch in the wrong position as well