PDA

View Full Version : What is Safer During a Fire? A Mid-Entry or a Front Entry Newell Coach?

86loco
10-02-2012, 01:24 AM
After reading and talking with my wife in regards to the '99 Wanderlodge that caught fire and burned to a crisp, we're wondering if we better stick to a mid-entry like our current Newell Coach? We had been looking at a much newer Newell with a front entry and are now sitting back in awe of this very recent Wanderlodge fire. I am sure that most front entry owner will defend what they own, but I want to really get some down right serious opinion on this.

Neweller
10-02-2012, 01:47 AM
Hey, I'm a mid entry guy but don't know that it would matter all that much if the fire started in the kitchen area. Now if its a drunk falling asleep on the sofa with a lit cigarette, like what happened to someone I know quite a few years back, then I would definitely go with the mid. A mid would also be less steps to exit from the bedroom.

I'm sure there are other opinions on this.

prairieschooner
10-02-2012, 02:38 AM
Mid Entry and knowing how to get out any window as an exit!!

Jack Fouts
10-02-2012, 02:31 PM
Don't think a window is option for me or the ms unless they are large and with removable screens.

speedingsport
10-02-2012, 05:13 PM
Front or mid entry, I say be sure you know where your exit is and how to get out to safety. Make sure to have a plan and route to take and consider the different possibilities. If you have any guests they also need to know how to get out as well. You never know what could happen, always be prepared!

NewellCrazy
10-02-2012, 08:42 PM
I'd prefer mid entry over front.
Sean