PDA

View Full Version : My Xantrex Freedom 758 Inverter is in Standby Mode?

dlc777
10-03-2012, 03:30 PM
I just purchased this vehicle and know nothing about inverters execpt what I have read in the manual. My inverter seems to be in Standby mode. How do I get it out of Standby mode? Is it as simple as plugging something in, requiring power to be supplied?

Right now I have no power in the plugs or at the microwave. When I measure the voltage I see about 50 volts available.

If all that is needed to bring the inverter out of Standby mode is to plug something in then why does my microwave not work (which is plugged in)? There are no lights on the panel, indicating it is not receiving power (unless it is inoperative).

NewellCrazy
10-03-2012, 04:16 PM
If you can provide the inverter make & model we could help troubleshoot your issue.

Sean

dlc777
10-03-2012, 04:44 PM
Freedom 458

NewellCrazy
10-03-2012, 05:14 PM
Hi,

Please post which led lights are lit if any. Below you will find a couple troubleshooting codes for your Xantrex 458 Freedom Series.

Invert Light Blinking Green with charge light off: means inverter is in standby and charger manually turned off.

Charge light off : If AC Power is removed and reapplied the charger will automatically turn on.

Inverter LED light off with charge light solid green: Inverter off, Charging. Charge light solid green : Reset the inverter by pushing Invert button. LED should blink

The Newell
10-03-2012, 05:33 PM
I updated the subject line with the model for any future reference here.

Neweller
10-03-2012, 05:35 PM
Thanks Joe!

dlc777
10-03-2012, 05:51 PM
hi,

please post which led lights are lit if any. Below you will find a couple troubleshooting codes for your xantrex 458 freedom series.

Invert light blinking green with charge light off: Means inverter is in standby and charger manually turned off.

Charge light off : If ac power is removed and reapplied the charger will automatically turn on.

Inverter led light off with charge light solid green: Inverter off, charging. Charge light solid green : Reset the inverter by pushing invert button. Led should blink

the invert light is blinking green - the charge light is solid green.

The problem is not a charging problem. The problem is that there is no 110v power available at the plugs or at the microwave.

dlc777
10-03-2012, 07:20 PM
the invert light is blinking green - the charge light is solid green.

The problem is not a charging problem. The problem is that there is no 110v power available at the plugs or at the microwave.

Problem is now fixed. Found a ground wire in the 110v distribution system that had been disconnected when someone removed previously installed equipment, preventing power from being supplied to the remaining equipment.

Neweller
10-03-2012, 07:44 PM
Good Deal! Glad to hear you got it figured out. I have had that exact same thing happen a few years back. It is always a good idea to pull the cover after acquiring such a critter, especially if you don't know the history to check for any loose connection from the previous owner disconnecting things. I had actually took my unit out and sent it in for warranty to find that out.:blushing: