PDA

View Full Version : Did Newell ever use Air leveler's?

Starvin Marvin
08-18-2012, 07:18 PM
We were checking out a particular converter of bus conversion and a couple of them had air leveler switches. The salesman stated they for used mostly for short stopovers.

Thanks,
Marv

express1
08-19-2012, 12:27 AM
Thats all we have!

lbrachfe
08-19-2012, 01:59 AM
No Newell without air leveling

tuga
08-19-2012, 01:47 PM
Older Newells, like mine use HWH air leveling.

Newer Newells use Valid air leveling.

Prevosts use HWH in many cases and they also have a Level Low system.

trentone
08-19-2012, 05:05 PM
We have HWH as well. My boys older Newell just has air suspension without any level controller unit to adjust corner to corner. He is stuck how she sits and uses blocks for leveling.

Neweller
08-19-2012, 07:49 PM
My '76 and '78 Newell's did not have a air level control of any kind. Of course it would fill the bags via the leveler valves down on the suspension like most air suspension has standard. Now if were talking air leveler controls, Newell must have started that in the 80's sometime as I briefly had a '86 that had an older style much different than the HWH system used in the 90's and later. Don't know if it was even stock?

Marvin, I can imagine anything available on a bus conversion that is not available on a Newell. Unless it is a one off custom set-up by a customizer or something?

Ken

lbrachfe
08-19-2012, 09:47 PM
I have one of the last all HWH air systems before Newell went to Valid. Really like it better than Valid as I had it before and was problematic. HWH has excellent customer service at least in my experiences.

fulltiming
08-20-2012, 03:33 AM
Air leveling is used in most very heavy coaches. It works and avoids some of the silly things that are done with hydraulic levelers like raising a wheel or pair of wheels completely off the ground, which is both a safety hazard and more likely to twist the frame or pop a windshield out.