PDA

View Full Version : I would love it if Newell Coach would make a roof deck available

Thomas Lago
10-08-2012, 12:40 AM
I have yet to see a Newell with a roof deck option. Something with access from the inside. A couple of others I've spoken with would love the option too.

Anyone else feel the same way? Roof Deck, Roof Deck, Where Oh Where is my Roof Deck! ha ha!:clap2:

express1
10-08-2012, 02:52 AM
There was one that had entrance from inside...

Neweller
10-08-2012, 03:41 PM
Thomas, that makes two of us as I have not seen any built by the factory. Now, that is not saying Newell Coach did or did not build any. I have seen a home made edition done by an owner on top of the existing roof which would be a little scary if he did not do some reinforcements.

Matt (express1), you know of one or officially seen it? It would be cool to know what coach number it is, if anyone knows.

I have seen a couple Featherlite Prevost Conversions with an inside roof access to a top deck. There are plenty of other bus conversions with the option.

With Newell Coach building all its upper super structure with aluminum, they would have to go with some different structural changes wherever the roof deck would be, and this would add weight to the unit, and in order to keep from getting too heavy, I think weight would have to be reduced somewhere else. Just my personal presumption on it.

I'm sure someone from Newell could address the question for us.

Great question, thanks for sharing on the subject.

Gax
10-08-2012, 06:25 PM
That is really interesting to me... I would have thought a roof deck could be a common option on a Newell motorhome with the relationship the company has with Nascar and Indy racing.

Jimg
09-10-2013, 09:14 PM
Express1 is correct it was built in 2005 and there are several race teams with observation platforms. The newest was put on within the last year.