PDA

View Full Version : Anyone want a challenge?

afrench45
10-09-2012, 02:22 AM
Well, I guess this could maybe be a good deal for anyone wanting a newer front end on their coach. How difficult do y'all think this would be?
i don't know how much they typically are from Newell, but I know a Prevost conversion can cost $10k+

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Newell-coach-front-clip-1996-windshields-/180992349079?hash=item2a23fc1397&item=180992349079&pt=Other_Vehicle_Parts&vxp=mtr

Neweller
10-09-2012, 02:56 AM
Andrew, the idea of parting a Newell of this year would be ludicrous, unless it was hit hard in the rear, really rusted or something to that effect.

As far as doing an update like this one had done, it is not super difficult with any descent amount of customizing experience or auto body crafting. I have quite a bit of experience in this sort of thing and would not consider the task a major challenge.

I was told by Newell that it would be around $12k to have them do the upgrade. Prior to that I heard it was $20k. So, maybe it came down.

afrench45
10-09-2012, 03:00 AM
Ken, I agree with you. I am puzzled that someone would part out a Newell of this vintage. Wonder the story on it...
Sad to see one taken off the road.

fulltiming
10-09-2012, 03:19 AM
Interesting that the 1996 had already had a 2000+ front cap installed on it. Back almost 7 years ago, Newell was running a special on changing out to the 2000 model style front cap for $10k including labor. But again, that was almost 7 years ago.

Neweller
10-09-2012, 03:35 AM
I had thought about parting out an older Newell out myself, only because it wasn't worth a hoot being sold outright, more valuble in parts. But a 1996 would have to be a total mess or if it isn't, I may have a hard time sleeping the rest of the week. At Newell's current rate of production, we may see a future day of reckoning with shortages in demand.

I'm calling this dude in the morning. :crying:

Michael, are you referring to both the front cap and the lower fascia? I wanted to double check. Brian Pitts thought Newell Coach was currently charging about $12k. So, if the factory was charging $10k about 7 years ago, then at the rate of inflation today 12k would be about right.

Neweller
10-09-2012, 04:08 PM
The bus guy who is parting out this unit states that it had a major fire. Everything is burnt from the bath back. He said it's definitely not a builder and what a shame. I can get pictures of whatever someone may be interested in, on what's salvageable. I'll get a good list of most useable parts for everyone and post it. I'll be delivering a track loader right by this guy so I'll be right next door.

Let me know what you might need.