PDA

View Full Version : ZF or Allison

Mikeh
09-19-2007, 07:08 PM
Which do you prefer?

fulltiming
09-19-2007, 11:25 PM
For acceleration from a standing start and for almost imperceptible shifts the Allison wins. For lots of mountains, the ZF offers more control.

JohnC
09-20-2007, 02:57 AM
Allison :P

Mikeh
09-20-2007, 04:28 PM
When my wife and I were going throught the design of our coach the only thing we were sure about was the Allison transmission. Not saying the ZF is not a good transmission. When we park our motor home we back into our shop. Very little clearance in the rear. Wouldn't feel comfortable doing this with the ZF. :shock:

ikcandco
11-12-2007, 01:52 AM
~ 'NEWELL's ZF-AS TRONIC 12 SPEED TRANSMISSION' ~
»»»»»»»»»»»» 'NewellClassic.com' ««««««~»»»»»» 'NewellClassic.com' ««««««««««««
«~» Now Prevost has introduce the 'ZF-AS TRONIC, 12 SPEED AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION' on their
'Passenger Buses !'
«~» I'm surprised because on 'Another Forum', some of their members were criticizing 'Newell Coach'
choice. They said Newell had chosen a bad transmission and they weren't very reliable !

«~» Now Let's wait what they'll say !
«~» Also Prevost will be introducing in 2008 the 'Volvo D13 engines' as an option on their coaches !
I would guess for starts they'll be optional on the passenger coaches and I guess in a bit, they'll be on
all their coaches.

«~» After all, 'Prevost's BIG BOSS' is 'Volvo Bus Corporation and then, there's another 'BIG BOSS'
the 'Volvo Group' and then, another 'BIG BOSS' the 'Shareholders!'
» » » » » » » » » » » » ». . . "Y - i - k - e - s !"
«~» Only 'One Big Boss At Newell Coach' and I'm positive, Mr Karl Blade would say the 'Clients !'
«~» My best guess ; Everyone Is Trying To 'Duplicate' a 'Newell Coach !'
«~» 'Good Golly !' I know for sure, it still easier to add their names on 'Newell's Backlog !'
------------------
May God Bless