PDA

View Full Version : How far south of the US border have you driven an RV or your Newell Coach?

Neweller
10-13-2012, 02:55 AM
I have been to Mexico via RV, mainly down to Cabo San Lucas on the Baja. Now I know there are a few members on here who go to other parts of Mexico. But the question for this thread is how far from USA border have you gone by RV whether in your Newell Coach or any other make? Has anyone ventured to Central or South America. I have seen RV's as far south as Argentina but do not personally know anyone that has done it. I have heard of caravan groups doing it. I know there can be problems at some borders and getting over the Panama Canal.

Thank you in advance for sharing whatever you can on the subject.

Chester B. Stone, Jr.
10-13-2012, 03:49 PM
I have been taking my motorhomes to San Carlos for 20 years, and it is 250 miles south of the boarder. Highway 15 is four lane, but there often is no shoulder, so you have to be extra diligent. I have had no problems and the fuel is good and cheaper. Years ago, I drove a motorhome to central Mexico, but will not do that again. Tolls are high and RV parks are few and far between.

Raymond N Priscilla Miller
10-13-2012, 05:10 PM
Chester how are the road conditions? We have heard from others that the road conditions from the boarder down to the San Carlos area is very littered and has huge potholes. They said it was the bumpiest most uncomfortable ride they ever experienced... This was back a few years ago has it improved?