PDA

View Full Version : Does it matter what brand microwave we put in the coach?

Cheri Smith
10-13-2012, 09:27 PM
It's official ours died. Does it matter what brand microwave convection oven we install in the coach?

fulltiming
10-13-2012, 09:32 PM
Make sure it fits and provides enough power (watts). I prefer the turntable models for more consistent cooking but others might not. I have had good luck with Sharp.

Neweller
10-13-2012, 10:16 PM
I like the Sharp as well. I have replaced at least three microwaves in RV's, two being Newell's. I was amazed at how long the original Litton's had lasted. I remember having the exact same model back in the mid-seventies at home as the one in my '78 Newell. Can anyone imagine a microwave lasting 25 years. I highly doubt any of them today would last anywhere near that long. Even with all the improvement and features, they use cheaper plastics and prone to eventually fail control boards.

Last year I picked up on a deal that included some new Sharp convection and steam microwaves. I'm currently using one of the convection units and like it. It has been a nice quiet easy to use microwave. I'm tempted to try one of the steam units.

Cheri Smith
10-15-2012, 06:05 PM
Michael and Georgia I think they only make turntable microwaves nowadays? If not I agree that a turntable is a better way to go.

Ken that's impressive it lasted that long. Ours wasn't the orginal and it died you are right they don't make them to last 25 years anymore.

1993Newell
10-19-2012, 04:02 PM
It doesn't matter what brand of microwave. There are many brands like Advent, Whirlpool, Contoure, LG, Dometic, Magic Chef and Sharp. I would suggest you read the reviews on different brands and models and pick the one with the best ratings that has the settings you want.