PDA

View Full Version : Aspiring Newell owners...

Oreo
10-15-2012, 08:41 PM
Hello Hello! New just signed up today! Im Dan and the DW is Mary and we have a black lab pup named Oreo. We are retired and have thought about purchasing a coach to travel and live in part of the year. Our home is paid for but we would like to have a little adventure in our life. Some good friends of ours own a bus conversion and they travel all over. We get emails from them talking about there travels all the time. We know about newell coach because my late FIL Bruce, Marys father was a long time newell owner. He owned 5 different coaches through the 70s-80s. Hes long passed on but we thought if he owned 5 different ones they must have been a mighty fine motorcoach. We looked up newell coach and found this site and see that the factory is still in business. After all these years and still going! And now coaches are selling for MILLIONS of dollars? Astounding! What a great community here for newell coach owners. Thanks for the offering!

We are looking and hope we can join our friends and you folks who are enjoying your travels. I have a question about buying a newell. Would it be better to buy from a private party or from a dealer? Im interested in the years 1990-1999 is there anything in those years of coaches built that I might need to check or that has been a concern? I want the best bang for my buck! But I dont want to get ripped off... Im looking forward to your suggestions. Thanks!
Dan, Mary and Oreo

Neweller
10-15-2012, 09:17 PM
:welcome:Dan, Mary and Oreo! What a pleasure to have you three join the Newell talk forum. We are so glad you joined and thank you for your kind regards to our Newell community. We have been working on bringing this offering to Newell owners, lurkers, future and past owners now for almost a decade. Because of folks like yourself we continue to strive to help this community be the best it can be. It is also a pleasure to know your family member had owned five amazing Newell Coaches.

It sounds like you have your sights set on the 2000 Series Newell. There are not any real major concerns with any of the 2000 Series Newell's, you will find more shorter length Newell's, less than 45' on the earlier 90's, the DD 8v92 up until mid 95 then the DD60 Series engine arrived replacing it. You will have to decide whether or not you want roof air or basement air (many topics already here on the forum, you can find using the search), you have tags on most of the 40' plus footers, slide's started in '97.

I'm sure some others will gladly fill you in on even more details I have not mentioned. I would suggest going to the Newell Classifieds where you will find the largest selection of Newell's for sale on the entire web at: NewellClassifieds.com (http://www.newellclassifieds.com), this will help you better study prices. You will find prices are all over the place. Then I would study features and different Newell looks and features over at NewellShowcase.com Newell Coach Photo Gallery, Newell Coach Photo Showcase, Newell Motorhome Photos, Newell RV Photos, Newell Photo Gallery - Home (http://www.newellshowcase.com). This is like a collection of all years of Newell's to help you identify the body and interior changes. The Newell Showcase starts from the current year Newell's and descends back to the first year of 1967. Great to see the history of changes. Other than that, please do multiple searches here on the forum ask all your questions and we will do all we can to give you quality answers.

speedingsport
10-16-2012, 03:20 AM
Hi and Welcome to the forum.
:hello:

JustDustin
10-16-2012, 05:29 PM
Good to have you Dan, Mary and Oreo!

The Newell
10-16-2012, 05:41 PM
Hi Dan, Mary & Oreo

I hope you are enjoying the Newell Forums, You have just found and joined the most informative website pertaining to Newell Ownership on the web. If you have any questions/answers please feel free to post them or to send one of us moderators a private message. We are all here to help so don't be afraid to call on us! In addition to the forums, Newell Classic offers, Classifieds for buying and selling Newells along with a Newell Gallery so that one can compare the different generations of Newell Motor Homes.

Welcome Again!

Joseph

jWolfe
10-16-2012, 07:08 PM
Your FIL knew what a nice coach Newells are. I would say you know you're on the right track. Good luck with your search and welcome to the forums.

Raymond N Priscilla Miller
10-17-2012, 08:57 PM
Welcome! Your father in law must have had a love for Newells if he owned 5! You cannot compare the quality of coach to many out there. Ours is a 87 and still going strong! In today’s economy, there are great deals available on pre-owned Newells. Compared to say 10 years ago you can find quite the deal. Good luck with your search! Glad to have you join us here on the forum.

Randy J
10-18-2012, 04:35 PM
:hello:Hi!:welcome: to the Newell Coach forum! havefun

GringoPhil
10-18-2012, 07:05 PM
Welcome to the newell forum group :thumbup: