PDA

View Full Version : How do you budget when traveling?

NewellCrazy
10-17-2012, 02:58 AM
I was curious as to what everyone does to budget their travels? Where do you cut back to save money? And where and what do you spend the most on when traveling?

Sean

express1
10-17-2012, 08:36 PM
Kidding right?lol!

prairieschooner
10-17-2012, 09:51 PM
No Matt, I would like to know how you save money when traveling. Oh wait you travel in a friends coach, I should try that!

express1
10-18-2012, 01:24 AM
No Matt, I would like to know how you save money when traveling. Oh wait you travel in a friends coach, I should try that!
Steve, first, you got to have friends!!!:flapper:
It does cost about 1/2 this way, however not responsible for stuff like $!%,000. 00 at Newell.

ccjohnson
10-18-2012, 03:05 AM
Fuel is usually our biggest expense. We save money for fuel by not staying in motels!

Neweller
10-18-2012, 03:25 AM
:dito: That's because you moved up to a condo on wheels!:thumbup:

JustDustin
10-18-2012, 03:28 AM
I move around quite a bit and I would have to say that my biggest expense is fuel also. If I stayed in one place for a while then I might save a few bucks but I have to keep moving. And like ccjohnson said you save money for fuel by not staying in motels as well as on food because you don't have to eat out every meal like you would have to in a motel or hotel.

Randy J
10-18-2012, 04:33 PM
We have a budget. We have a savings. We try to get by each month on our budget. Without having to dip into savings. I gamble but I have a limit. Most of the time! If I'm winning. then I put some away into savings. I gamble the rest.:thumbup: When we stay put we save on fuel. We plan on moving around more once winter has passed. Then fuel will be our most expensive bill. We do pretty well. This is our retired life! We are happy. Healthy and havin fun! :amen:

prairieschooner
10-19-2012, 01:53 AM
Yeah, I know. I don't share my toys well with others, in fact I don't share my toys at all!:thumbsup::banghead::aetsch::beer::bolt:rollin glol

Steve, first, you got to have friends!!!:flapper:
It does cost about 1/2 this way, however not responsible for stuff like $!%,000. 00 at Newell.

Charlotte Rosita
10-20-2012, 12:20 AM
Fuel is typically our largest expense. Next in line would be campsite space, then food, insurance and maintenance.