PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Replacement Curtains for my Coach ?

KEN PATTY HOLDEN
10-17-2012, 06:51 PM
Does anyone know how or where I can get new curtains for a 1970 Newell Coach?? We just bought it and I really don't like the print and the previous owners smoked so I would like to replace them.

Cheri Smith
10-17-2012, 07:04 PM
I had the same problem with a set in our Newell and we tried washing them and the drape shrunk shorter than the backing material and we had to have some made.

prairieschooner
10-17-2012, 07:56 PM
Haven't done it yet but a friend had some made at Sears.

CAPTWatson
10-17-2012, 08:02 PM
Long time ago we did curtains in an RV and found some really nice ones at a Hotel and Motel surplus business and bought them. Of course they were really long, so we had a friend that cut and hem them up for us. Our friend also sewed the little plastic deals for gliding in the aluminum track. Maybe another idea to consider.

Viva Las Vegas JDR
10-17-2012, 10:12 PM
You could always go with the option of blinds instead of curtains.

ccjohnson
10-18-2012, 02:58 AM
We are getting ours done at Newell. Have both blinds & drapes in our coach. It really helps on the heating & cooling in extreme weather.

Neweller
10-18-2012, 02:35 PM
There are no "standard" drapes for Newells. All of the drapery were made to the particular windows and floorplan of each coach, and in the material selected by the

customer. To replace drapes, the coach can be taken to the factory or, if this is not convenient, customer drapes can be obtained from any source who fabricates

custom drapes for homes. The real difference is that you need little plastic Sew-In Curtain Carriers as mentioned above.

Here is an example of the one's I have used:

NEWELLWIZARD
10-19-2012, 10:45 PM
Maybe these will work for you? Rv Curtains (http://www.rvpartscountry.com/RvCurtains)