PDA

View Full Version : How can I shut off the engine coolant going to my heaters??

Viva Las Vegas JDR
10-17-2012, 10:03 PM
I have a 1988 40' Newell Coach and wondering if there is a way to shut off the engine coolant from going forward to the heaters etc? Basically what I'm asking is it possible to isolate the engine coolant from going forward to the heaters etc in the event of a leak? If not could you suggest someway of doing this we have the Detriot Diesel 8v92 . Thank you.

prairieschooner
10-17-2012, 10:14 PM
On my '82 there is a set of Gate Valves in the Tankage Bay. It may be easiest to look at the Water Heater those lines go there for the Engine Temperature Transfer side of the Water Heater, just follow the lines aft.

folivier
10-17-2012, 11:07 PM
On my '93 there are 2 sets (4 total) of gate valves on the rear of the engine on drivers side. Not sure which set does what.

MrE
10-17-2012, 11:08 PM
Not sure if they are stock, but on my '86 there are a couple of shutoff valves on the drivers side of the engine that will accomplish this.

Neweller
10-18-2012, 12:59 AM
The shut off valves for engine coolant to the dash heater have been located in a couple of places through the years. Check the heater hoses where they connect to

the block. You may find shut off valves in this location. If not, check the heater hoses for shut off valves in the center of the ceiling of the belly compartments. In

later model coaches, these valves work automatically, opening when the heater temperature control is set higher.

86loco
10-18-2012, 11:07 PM
On our 1986 Newell Coach the water valves are located on the driver side by the engine, just in front of the fan. The upper valve is easy to see and has an arrow to show which way to turn it. The lower valve is about 8" below the upper valve, and you may have to look harder for it since it may be a little harder to see because of the frame.