PDA

View Full Version : Batteries for remotes or other gadgets?

1993Newell
10-18-2012, 06:33 PM
For years I have always bought the store brand batteries and they always worked well. However, these last few packs of store brand batteries have died on me in a matter of just a few days! :cursing: Very frustrated here!

Any thoughts?

bigcatwally
10-18-2012, 07:08 PM
Get yourself some rechargeables. :thumbsup:

MarkofSJC
10-18-2012, 08:35 PM
"Freshness" is everything!
If those batteries have been sitting on the shelf for months (or years), they'll die very quickly...no matter what kind of load. You always want to buy batteries in places where they "fly off the shelf" ~ hardware stores, Costco, etc.

Most batteries have dates of production ~ look at them closely before purchasing!

My two cents,

Mark

speedingsport
10-18-2012, 09:15 PM
I agree with Mark. Look at the dates it is easy to mistakenly buy things that are close to the date and fresh is best! If you purchased batteries from a discount store where they might have "expired" or are "past the date" goods you could have easily bought batteries that are no longer good. And beware of small grocery stores that may not sell them quickly.

1993Newell
10-19-2012, 04:08 PM
Thank you everyone. You know you're probably right. They may have been expired! But I wouldn't know for sure because the lovely Melba had already tossed the packaging. She doesn't like things cluttered and no extras laying around. lol! Rechargables sound like a good idea too! Thanks again!

MarkofSJC
10-19-2012, 05:58 PM
Many batteries have dates stamped directly on the batteries themselves (not just the packaging).

Take a look, you may be surprised.

Mark

jWolfe
11-09-2012, 09:49 PM
Safety tips for nonrechargeables

Use identical batteries of the same chemistry, brand, and age.
Don't get batteries wet, expose them to fire, or pierce them; they could explode.
Don't carry or store loose batteries next to other metal objects.
Stop using a battery that feels hot, changes color, or emits an odor.

Derek Knight
11-10-2012, 12:53 AM
That's true it's strange but it really does make a difference if you use batteries mixed together of different brands. They won't last long at all.