PDA

View Full Version : Some Newell Ownership Newbie Questions

Rich Franklin
10-20-2012, 11:38 PM
We just purchased an 1986 Newell and have a couple of "newbie" questions:

1) How do we remove and install large items like the sofa, washer/dryer combo and mattress? They are obviously too big for the from door.

2) It has already been winterized and is sitting in our drive way. The inverter is presently on and the switch on the inverter indicates it's not for turning it off. When we flip that switch the inverter still has a humming noise.

3) Is that ok to leave for a month or two or do you disconnect the batteries, etc?

Thanks in advance!

Rich

NewellCrazy
10-21-2012, 01:33 AM
Depending on which large item....some break down into smaller parts that can be removed thru door. Mattress should go thru door.
For items that are just too big for door they were put into rig via large window or through windshield.

Chester B. Stone, Jr.
10-21-2012, 04:12 PM
I first would look into removing the "escape" window in the living room. If you have power available, I would leave the power on. On my coach, the inverter is wired directly to the battery bank and does not go off when the master battery switch is turned to off. If power is not available, I would consider removing the negative cable from the battery bank which would also shut down the inverter.