PDA

View Full Version : wireless internet in the coach

BMG Coach
10-21-2012, 04:42 PM
I am curious as to what service is best if you have a need for more than one device inside the house on wheels. I really would like to have connections for my IPHONES and computers.

GringoPhil
10-21-2012, 06:12 PM
I run a network in my MH consisting of 3 computers, a printer, a web-enabled photo frame, two smart phones, a Blu-ray player, and a DirecTV DVR. All are connected to the internet through a WiFi Ranger router. Into the Ranger is plugged my Verizon 4G USB modem. The Ranger can connect the network to the Internet using either the modem or local campground WiFi if it is available. Inside the MH the Ranger broadcasts its own wifi signal and has 4 Ethernet ports for devices that need to have wired connections.

The Newell
10-21-2012, 06:28 PM
I have a Cradle Point router (CTR35) that I plug my USB Verizon modem into.
We use this router at the house and on the road.

Newellin Thunder
10-21-2012, 11:06 PM
GringoPhil, what kind of range does your WiFi Ranger have? For example, does it reach outside the coach?

GringoPhil
10-22-2012, 04:16 AM
We often sit outside with our laptops and have no problems. I've never done a test but there are no problems with distances of ~20-30 feet.

NewellCrazy
10-22-2012, 05:04 PM
we got a wireless wifi, Verizon, desk top--lap top, printer, and for the tv in the house a wireless adapter.