PDA

View Full Version : Do you use a voicemail service while on the road?

CoachCrazy
10-28-2012, 03:48 PM
I have been thinking of hooking up with a voice mail service other than my cell phone while traveling. Just looking at all the options available from others experience.

folivier
10-28-2012, 03:58 PM
I'm using Google voice. Works great and sends me an email with transcript (works ok) and a text so I know who called without having to access my voicemail box. You can access it with your computer. And it's free.

1993Newell
10-28-2012, 04:44 PM
folivier I had no idea about this service. I am in need of something like this thanks for sharing.

NewellCrazy
10-28-2012, 06:04 PM
we just use our answering machine that allows message retrieval from afar. Of course 90% of our calls originate from family and friends, an they all know by now that we spend most of the winter down South!!

Gary&Terry
10-28-2012, 07:46 PM
I'm using Google voice. Works great and sends me an email with transcript (works ok) and a text so I know who called without having to access my voicemail box. You can access it with your computer. And it's free.

Never heard of this so I guess I better search it out.

speedingsport
10-28-2012, 09:08 PM
I don't have a use to check my voicemail unless it's by my phone. But it's good to know the options out there.

JustDustin
10-28-2012, 10:26 PM
Verizon Call Assistant is great too!

GORDON HUMMEL
11-05-2012, 05:24 PM
Forest,
Thanks for the idea. At my current location, I have wifi, but no cell service. Also my phone does not have WIFI. Google voice, talk, chat etc allows me to make & receive call & also emails me messages left on my cell. ALL FOR FREE.
THANKS

folivier
11-05-2012, 06:20 PM
You're welcome Gordon. We have AT&T cell's and are frequently in bad areas. Google voice has worked great for us, even in europe.

jWolfe
11-05-2012, 08:12 PM
I agree Google Voice is a great service.