PDA

View Full Version : Smelly Water whats the deal

Archie T. Hogan
10-30-2012, 04:20 PM
After my motor home has been parked between RV Park stays the water smells initially when I turn it on the first time after bring parked. The smells then goes away, but returns after it is parked the next time. I would like to know if anyone has had the same problem and what the cure is. Thanks in advance, Archie

The Newell
10-30-2012, 06:31 PM
I am assuming that your water source is good. Sanitize your water system. Be sure to do your hoses at the same time. That should solve the problem.

There are many thoughts on how much bleach to use in the water when sanitizing. I multiply the number of gallons the freshwater tank will hold by .13 to find how many ounces of bleach I should add. Fill the tank 1/2 way, add the bleach than fill the tank (drive if you can so it sloshes around). Run each facet until you smell the bleach including the inside and outside shower (if you have one). I run a mixture of chlorine and water through my hoses into the MH. Let it sit for 24 hours and flush, then flush again and probably flush again. Some put baking soda in the water when flushing to take the chlorine odor out.

I hope this helps.

Gimpy
10-30-2012, 07:23 PM
You are smelling a natural organic process. Sanitize and flush as previous.