PDA

View Full Version : PressurePro-Tire Monitoring System

Archie T. Hogan
10-30-2012, 04:22 PM
Does anyone have any experience with this wireless tire pressure monitoring system?or which system do you recommend?

Archie

The Newell
10-30-2012, 06:30 PM
System is distributed by Doran and Advantage. Same system, two different distributors.
I have heard good things about customer service from both.

I had the system with 10 monitors. The system is wireless and works great. I have found it to be very accurate.

They say the batteries last about three years. Longer if you take them off and they are not in use for periods of time. If you do remove them make sure you put them back on the same wheel they came off of. You do have to return them to the manufacturer for new batteries. Last I heard cost was about $15 plus you get the latest upgrades. They won't all go out at the same time so it isn't like you have to buy a new system every three years.

Installation was easy. Well except for one minor error (installer malfunction) and a call to customer service got me someone on the phone right a way and they identified what I had done wrong and all was taken care of right then on the phone. No problems since.

I would highly recommend this product.

Archie T. Hogan
10-31-2012, 05:05 PM
Thank you Joseph, I guess I will give them a try, It's always great to hear positive replies to a product one is truly interested in purchasing.

The Newell
10-31-2012, 05:14 PM
Your welcome Archie, Glad I could help.

Chester B. Stone, Jr.
11-05-2012, 09:45 PM
I had a good customer service experience with "TireTracker". I purchased the system with 12 sensors, mounted it on the dash and hooked directly to 12v power. That was a mistake since the unit is only to be charged every few weeks by plugging into the cigarette lighter. I told the company what I had done and they sent me a new unit free even though it was entirely my fault. Sometime one just gets lucky.

Gone Busing
11-05-2012, 11:14 PM
Sounds like I have the same brand TPMS by TireTraker as Chester is using. Mine is the TT-400C and it has been a pretty descent compliment to our bus. It runs about $500 bucks for a 12 wheel system which is what you will need if you have a tag axle otherwise the 10 wheel model will suffice.

Chester that was really nice of the company to send you out a free replacement like that.

Chester B. Stone, Jr.
11-06-2012, 04:40 PM
That they were so nice is why I posted. Also, I like the unit and want to alert other to read the instructions, which I did not.

pyledriver
11-07-2012, 08:05 PM
why do you need 10 or 12 sensors? How many are on each wheel?

farmell
11-08-2012, 02:12 AM
There is only one sensor screwed on to each valve stem. 6-8 for the coach and 4 for the toad. These systems monitor the coach and tow vehicle. I know it is nice.

Jack Fouts
11-08-2012, 02:16 PM
What do these systems cost and where can you buy them?

Neweller
11-09-2012, 02:17 AM
There are several sites and parts stores that sell similar tire monitoring products. You can actually buy the one Chester has direct from the following website: https://www.tiretraker.com/proddetail.asp?prod=TT400C-12

Barthman
11-09-2012, 03:42 AM
Do you have to worry about one of these sensors coming off or being stolen?

farmell
11-10-2012, 12:47 PM
I believe a TireMinder Tire Pressure Monitoring System is virtually the same thing. Either one would work the same, just a matter of price and best warranty service I think.