PDA

View Full Version : Do you agree with "Selective Reasoning"?

NewellCrazy
10-31-2012, 09:22 PM
What is your opinion on campgrounds that have a "selective reasoning" enforcement? Do you feel it is justified in most cases or ridiculous? I have heard many folks for and against this reasoning and was curious what others opinions are on the subject/topic.

For those who don't know what "selective reasoning", it is a campground rule that enforces age limits on all Recreational Vehicles. The average age I have seen is no RV more than 15 years old. A lot of those same parks are the ones that don't allow pets now too!

Sean

larryweikart
10-31-2012, 10:04 PM
2993It's America and those campground owners have a right to set their own rules and restriistions. However, they are missing the beauty of some of the older coaches that have been restored or well maintained such as the one we recently parked by in a rest area As far as pets go, I'd rather spend time in a campground that allows pets and bans children. Just my personal thoughts!

MrE
10-31-2012, 10:45 PM
I agree with Larry that the campground owners have a right to set their own rules and restrictions (even if they are wrong and ignorant). I also kinda agree on his thoughts on pets and children, but I believe that is controlled by the adults. For the most part trailer trash adults are going to have like pets and kids, responsible adults are going to have like pets and kids. As far as ride, comfort, safety, class, etc. I'll put my old Newell up against anything that Fleetwood has ever had roll off their assembly line.

Neweller
10-31-2012, 11:15 PM
I have to agree with all the statements thus far and of course to a certain extent. If a park is private, then it is their business how they apply rules. If it is a park opened to the general public, I think rules should follow some sort of a standardized guideline set-up by a national governing council of sorts... The funny thing is how people change their minds and attitudes over the years as to what they prefer or don't.:ballchain: JMSHO

Larry, that is one nice restored conversion.:thumbup:

JustDustin
11-01-2012, 12:06 AM
I think the campgrounds have the right to have restrictions or policies. There will still always be the parks that allow...the things that other parks don't. So there is always a place for someone. ;)

Gimpy
11-01-2012, 01:08 AM
It is my opinion that a campground operator should be at liberty to impose ANY limitation he sees fit to enforce unless of course they are against discrimination laws. It is HIS campground so why can he not run it as he sees fit.

Gimpy

fulltiming
11-01-2012, 03:29 AM
I concur that the campground owner can impose whatever restrictions they see fit. If they do have an unusual restriction, and at this time a no exception RV age limit is still an unusual restriction, they should make sure that it is stated when someone inquires about reservations. I would be mighty ticked off if I made a reservation and then when I showed up, I was then told that my Newell was too old and I wasn't welcome.

Chester B. Stone, Jr.
11-01-2012, 03:27 PM
The places where I have run into this have all been KOAs.

prairieschooner
11-01-2012, 03:32 PM
We had reservations at Pelican Point RV in Northern California. When we got there I was told that I had a Bus Conversion and not allowed to stay. I had to let them know that we were not and actually a Newell, I wished later that we had just moved on! They imposed a $2.00 fee for everyone that came to visit, even if they walked in.
There were numerous other problems but let me simply state that I would rather not stay at those places anyway.

MrE
11-01-2012, 03:56 PM
We had reservations at Pelican Point RV in Northern California. When we got there I was told that I had a Bus Conversion and not allowed to stay. I had to let them know that we were not and actually a Newell, I wished later that we had just moved on! They imposed a $2.00 fee for everyone that came to visit, even if they walked in.
There were numerous other problems but let me simply state that I would rather not stay at those places anyway.

Them telling you that you had a bus conversion certainly supports my 'wrong and ignorant' comment above.:thumbsup:

Cheri Smith
11-01-2012, 04:42 PM
We try not to stay at fancy parks because we don't like the prices they charge anyway. I don't want trash or kids that aren't looked after or dogs that people let bark and they don't pick up after. We have only had a few problems with this at places we've stayed. So we usually stay and then leave the only time I can remember this happening is when we are out traveling during a holiday. Those are times when a lot of people are traveling and people of all kinds come out of the wood work.

A $2.00 fee for every person that came in to visit, even if they walked in? Wow! That's a new one! How could they even keep track of who's walking in and out? They would have had to had cameras or were watching like a hawk! I would never stay there or anywhere like that if I knew they did that. I don't want to support parks like that.

1993Newell
11-02-2012, 01:17 AM
Any park that treats people that way won't ever get my business!

WessH345
11-02-2012, 03:39 AM

I can sort of relate to the same situation, except I got a little mad and never stayed. I owned an 1987 Newell at the time and guess I just couldnt reason with the folks. Down the road we went. So all I can say is to heck with Pelican Point RV Park.