PDA

View Full Version : Dish Network Satellite Receiver

RW Wiley
11-11-2012, 03:58 PM
OK, No sure if this has been discussed but wondering if there is a good solution. My Sat receiver when we first hooked it up it worked fine but since has been a little of a fiddle every time we park we start it up and its acts like we have no service. The satellite does not recognize our setup. I don't think I am doing something right. Having to call every time is not helpful.

Any advice?

RW Wiley

express1
11-11-2012, 04:59 PM
What antenna are you using? What model receiver?

NewellCrazy
11-11-2012, 06:06 PM
RW,

I have heard of this before, If the receiver doesn't see a signal for a period of time, usually at least one month, maybe longer, it will disable the account in the receiver. A phone call to the phone number on the screen will turn the receiver back on. I would give dish a call and have them change out your receiver if they can't fix the issue over the phone.

prairieschooner
11-11-2012, 11:24 PM
We use Direct but if I travel over 200 miles I usually need to enter the new Zip Code for where we are.

The Newell
11-12-2012, 04:29 PM
It disables if it does not hear from the Satellite for a period of time.

Normally I let it sit a while and it works again, Takes a few hours for the auth codes to cycle up or a few minutes depending on when you turn it back on.

jdaniel
11-29-2012, 10:25 PM
Mine is stored indoors and every time I get it out, I either have to call for a "refresh signal" or if you wait long enough it will eventually work. It is a pain sometimes as you can be on hold for a while!