PDA

View Full Version : condensation on inside of window

Archie T. Hogan
11-12-2012, 06:42 PM
This is starting to become a problem. Water runs down the inside of the windows and collects at the bottom. I think the fix is to get a dehumidifier but thought I would poll the audience first.

fulltiming
11-13-2012, 03:36 AM
Living in a coach, you generate moisture and the temperature difference between the cool outside air and the warmer inside air will cause condensation on the inside of glass. Running a dehumidifier or using the jars or trays of dehumidifier pellets that West Marine sells will help. Also, keeping the inside air circulating so that the moisture on the inside of the glass doesn't collect as much so it doesn't start running helps. When we were wintering in southern California near the beach, we always keep 1 or 2 of the jars of dehumidifier next to the windshield since, with the drapes closed the moisture would really condense there.

The Newell
11-13-2012, 04:10 PM
Moisture in the coach has to originate from somewhere. I will venture to guess that it comes overwhelmingly from the people occupying the area. Yes, boiling potatoes, taking a shower etc. will contribute, but how often does that take place. During those activities a thru-hull ceiling fan normally takes care of that.