PDA

View Full Version : Cable TV at RV Parks

FrankMooney
11-20-2012, 04:39 PM
Some RV parks I have been looking at include free cable. What channels do they normally provide? Just local or a pretty good selection?

Thank you!

Frank

fulltiming
11-20-2012, 05:37 PM
It varies but typically you get the basic cable package for the area and occasionally they will add one or two premium movie channels into the mix.

The Newell
11-20-2012, 09:48 PM
It varies widely frin only the local off the air stations to the full gamut of premium satellite channels. More usually some where in between though. Check with the individual park to be sure though.

GringoPhil
11-20-2012, 09:58 PM
Some parks are merely providing a "community antenna" and redistributing what they can pick up off the air. This is typical in rural areas where reception is poor but there is no cable tv service available in the area. Parks that are close enough to a city where cable service is available often provide a connection via that service, though not usually the premium channels. On those you might get 30-50 channels. A very few may even offer a premium channel or two, e.g. TMC or HBO

Phil

86loco
11-20-2012, 11:29 PM
Many of the parks that we have been to, offered basic with say a couple of premium channels like HBO, Showtime or Starz etc., and with ESPN. In the old days it wasn't as common when you could pick up an analog tv signal prior to everything digital and needing a converter box.

express1
11-21-2012, 02:18 AM
If it ain't HD I ain't hookin!:thumbdn:

Randy J
11-21-2012, 02:33 AM
I like my tv! But I could live without. Maybe. :D