PDA

View Full Version : Generator Turns Over But Won't Start

Lou Placentia
11-25-2012, 04:22 PM
I was running the genny this morning and it ran fine for about 15 min then died as if it ran out of fuel and now won't restart, It will turn over just won't fire. Where should I begin my search? and what could be the culprit?

Lou Placentia

GringoPhil
11-25-2012, 05:41 PM
Many generators shut off for lack of fuel when the motor home fuel tank is at or near 1/4. So, if you are at the 1/4 or so mark on your fuel tank, that could be the culprit.

Newellin Thunder
11-25-2012, 07:01 PM
Check the oil, fuel, coolant levels are all full. Also keep in mind it has been running and was running when it died. It could even be as simple as a grounding cable. Time to do some checking

MrE
11-26-2012, 04:48 AM
Same thing happened to mine with the previous owner and they never figured it out. Turned out the squirrel cage cooling fan burned out, causing the generator to overheat and it blew a fuse there in the generator compartment. A 10 cent fuse got the generator back running, little bit more for a new fan motor.

Lou Placentia
12-07-2012, 02:57 PM
Same thing happened to mine with the previous owner and they never figured it out. Turned out the squirrel cage cooling fan burned out, causing the generator to overheat and it blew a fuse there in the generator compartment. A 10 cent fuse got the generator back running, little bit more for a new fan motor.

MrE.

You hit the nail on the head, Thank you for your help in solving my generator issue.

Lou