PDA

View Full Version : MagicJack, Anyone use this ?

Retired63
11-28-2012, 07:08 PM
Have any of you seen this product? I saw it thru a TV advert. All you need to use it is a high speed connection, phone and a computer. You plug it into your PC, it activates a screen that looks like a phone dial face. You dial using the screen on the TV and you can call anyway in North America for $25 a year. Didn't know if this is real or not and am looking for user reviews on magicjack. If it does what it says it can do than 25 bucks a year is a steal of a deal.

Retired63

mnhoff
11-28-2012, 07:39 PM
We purchased this product about 2 months ago, for the main reason we are from Canada. Because when we cross the border we either pay for roaming charges, or go to wallmart and purchase a pay as you go phone. Works well to talk to everyone back home.

speedingsport
11-28-2012, 10:27 PM
A friend of mine uses it overseas to keep in touch with family and friends here in the states. He said he as long as the internet connection is strong it's clear and works well. I would imagine it would work great for RVers.

stewart33
11-29-2012, 12:21 AM
Never heard of it...I'm going to check it out. Where do you buy this Magic Jack at?

NewellCrazy
11-29-2012, 03:26 AM
Great product I highly recommend Magic Jack.

Newellin Thunder
11-29-2012, 03:38 AM
Your other option is Vonage.

Cheri Smith
11-29-2012, 04:15 PM
Magicjack has been around awhile. It does what it advertises fairly well if you have a good high speed internet connection for the computer. If you don't, well...not so good

JustDustin
12-01-2012, 01:11 PM
MagicJack is a great way to have a home phone number that never changes. I have used one over the years and have taken it out of the country many times and used it. I give it two thumbs up! :thumbsup: It's really easy to use just plug-n-play. I highly recommend it for RVers.